Welcome to our new Citrix community!

RTME 2.7, 1811 on server 2016 desktop connection 100% CPU.

John Long

Question

I just upgraded to 1811 on server 2016 published desktops along with the realtime connector 2.7 and RTME 2.7 on some clients. On my computer, with workspace 1810 and RTME 2.7, there is a problem where we get a system notification message, connected unoptimized then disconnected in a loop over and over. A process called mediaengineservice.exe uses lots of CPU for every user that has Skype open, just open and not doing anything. I have excluded it from our AV scanner along with the directory it's installed in. That made no difference, I also temporarily disabled realtime scanning and that didn't help either.

I ended up uninstalling the realtime connector for now, and performance is back to normal. Any thoughts?

Additional Info. This is on a server 2016 with office 2016 Pro plus msi on a server with WEM, created using MCS. All the latest windows updates are installed. I had a previous version of the realtime connector installed and didn't have this problem.

3 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, John Long said:

I just upgraded to 1811 on server 2016 published desktops along with the realtime connector 2.7 and RTME 2.7 on some clients. On my computer, with workspace 1810 and RTME 2.7, there is a problem where we get a system notification message, connected unoptimized then disconnected in a loop over and over. A process called mediaengineservice.exe uses lots of CPU for every user that has Skype open, just open and not doing anything. I have excluded it from our AV scanner along with the directory it's installed in. That made no difference, I also temporarily disabled realtime scanning and that didn't help either.

I ended up uninstalling the realtime connector for now, and performance is back to normal. Any thoughts?

Additional Info. This is on a server 2016 with office 2016 Pro plus msi on a server with WEM, created using MCS. All the latest windows updates are installed. I had a previous version of the realtime connector installed and didn't have this problem.

Do you see a "hardware ID change" in the logs? 

1 hour ago, John Long said:

I didn't collect the logs before I uninstalled it. I will reinstall it and try it under my account and check. I searched the event viewer and didn't see any errors related to RTOP components.

Thanks.

RTOP doesn't do eventvwr :)

Collect the logs and ping them over and can have a look (make sure you test with 2.8)

Daniel