Welcome to our new Citrix community!

VDA Reistration fails

Question

I build couple of desktop image and registered successfully before, but this time not sure why this particular image after installing the VDA agent (even though successfully sees the Delivery Controller) but fails to register.

I went through this article and the only thing I did not try is to remove the golden image desktop from the domain and readd it back. (Will that be ok now if I remove it and readd it).

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX117248

I pinged the VDA using the FQDN and it resolves

I did a netstat -ano | find ":80" and got the following results

image.thumb.png.fe18d189dc9ff496e07102b9e98a4b5c.png

Can there be a firewall issue? Both are on the same subnet and is there any local windows firewall that need to be opened or alllowed. Kind of lost after the last build. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

VDA Registration failed.JPG

VDA Event Log 1.JPG

VDA Event Log 2.JPG

3 answers to this question

We get below error if Broker Service is disabled or stopped on Delivery Controller.

"Failed to connect to back-end server <Server name> on port 80 using binding WSHttp. The server may be off-line or may not be running the appropriate service".

I hope, Broker Service is running on the Delivery Controller and the PowerShell Command Get-BrokerServiceAddedCapability return the output successfully. If not, please start the service.

If issue still not resolve, please follow the instructions stated in https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX126992 article.

On 5/13/2019 at 1:53 AM, Ganesh Raju said:

We get below error if Broker Service is disabled or stopped on Delivery Controller.

"Failed to connect to back-end server <Server name> on port 80 using binding WSHttp. The server may be off-line or may not be running the appropriate service".

I hope, Broker Service is running on the Delivery Controller and the PowerShell Command Get-BrokerServiceAddedCapability return the output successfully. If not, please start the service.

If issue still not resolve, please follow the instructions stated in https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX126992 article.

Hi Ganesh,

It is mainly the VDA that is not showing up on the streamed desktop which would help in registering the desktops in Delivery Controller. So, I tried everythign possible. Even Citrix is shocked how this can happen.

So, not sure whether it is the Build that is causing the issue Windows 10 Build 1809?

Hi

You will be pleased to know I had the exact same issue and have managed to figure it out

I turned the firewall off on the VDI machines and on the Delivery controller i could not reach port 80, and was scratching my head for ages

I added a firewall rule to allow port 80 and still the same issue

Here is the fix

Open Gpedit.msc on the local machine

Navigate to Windows Settings>Windows Defender and Firewall>Firewall

Inbound rules and add a rule to allow port 80 inbound

Perform a GPupdate and then check the registration, it will now work

So it seems that even turning a firewall off does not turn it off, I spent around 20h getting to the bottom of this issue and Citrix could not resolve it for me.