Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Long or endless boot up on MS Server 2019 with VDA 1903 and multiple language packs installed (MUI)

Sascha Hänseler

Question

Hi there,

does anyone yet have tested the new VDA 1903 on a blank MS Server 2019 (virtual Hyper-V machine) with a bunch of language packs installed?

If I install only a couple of language packs (around 1 till 4) everything works fine after the VDA installation and reboot. But with more than 5 or 6 language packs installed, the reboot takes a couple of minutes and needs ServicePipeTimeout 60000 set, otherwise I get an endless reboot.

And if I install around 10 or 12 language packs, the server does not pass the black startup screen and stays there for hours and hours even with ServicePipeTimeout 60000. The funny thing is ... It does not freeze, because the startup circle is still spinning, but as I said, it does not boot up at all.

I have done some tests and logged the startup time from first eventlog entry till a specific entry I marked to get a fixed point for meetering:

MS Server 2019 clean Bootup around 32 seconds

MS Server 2019 with VDA 1903 around 37 seconds

MS Server 2019 with VDA 1903 and 1 MUI package around 47 seconds

MS Server 2019 with VDA 1903 and 11 MUI packages (with ServicePipeTimeout 60000) around 205 seconds

MS Server 2019 with VDA 1903 and 11 MUI packages (without ServicePipeTimeout 60000) endless boot

I do not have these problems on the same server with OS Server 2016 or Server 2012 R2.

Maybe someone can bring up some light into the dark black boot screen :)

Regards,

Sascha

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet