Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Adobe Acrobat 9.5.5 app layer problem

John Litster

Question

I am trying to publish Acrobat pro 9.5.5 as an elastic layer.   

Install goes fine, same with the various updates.

running it goes fine, until after I finalize.

When I finalize, and assign it to a user, the user logs into their non-persistant win10 system, starts up acrobat and a message pops up:

"Licensing for this product has stopped working" the user clicks OK and the entire app closes.

I go back to 'add a version' to this app, start up acrobat, and no licenseing issue.

in the event viewer on the win10 machine, the thing I see is:

event id:78  sidebyside

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Designer 8.2\FormDesigner.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.17763.379_none_05b83be8071c94a1.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.17763.379_none_4d6572bf1b98bda7.manifest.

in the ulayersvc log, I see an entry saying "WindowsServiceManager: skipping service 'flexnet licensing service'

when i check services, I see that service running.   I restarted the service anyway, but no change.

ANy ideas?

4 answers to this question

What type of license are you using?  Normally Adobe Licenses need to be cloud licenses where the user logs on or a serialized license were the license gets deployed on boot with a script using the Adobe serializer.  When you deploy a new machine Adobe usually knows its no the original one you configured a license for if its just a key type license.