Welcome to our new Citrix community!

XenCenter Feature Request: Attaching Disk With More Information

Question

Adding a disk to a VM can become a bit tricky when there are lot of snapshots in case the snapshot schedule is active. Have a look to the attached picture.

Which disk is the real disk and not a snapshot and can therefore added?

I would suggest 2 possibilities:

1. A checkbox which excludes the snapshots.
  2. Displaying further information like type and creation date.

I hope you guys see it similar.

Kind regards

2019-05-05_11-07-31.jpg

4 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Alan Lantz said:

I don't think snapshosts show up under the listing when you attach a disk, only "real" disks show up in the list.

Are you sure those are snapshots or are they copies of the disks ?

--Alan--

Yes, these are all snapshots, apart from the one main disk. Using XenCenter 7.6.0.6655 64bit with XS 7.6 with all available patches and fixes installed.

Snapshots will be on the same SR as the VM. If you list the storage device, it should show one copy as read-write (RW) as a VDI and that VDI will be associated with a VBD that is active on that SR (storage repository). You should see in XenCeter which is connected and active on the VM in question.

-=Tobias

On 6.5.2019 at 8:34 AM, Tobias Kreidl said:

Snapshots will be on the same SR as the VM. If you list the storage device, it should show one copy as read-write (RW) as a VDI and that VDI will be associated with a VBD that is active on that SR (storage repository). You should see in XenCeter which is connected and active on the VM in question.

-=Tobias

Not when you want to add a disk to VM - the screenshot shows how it looks now. It becomes to a guess show what is what...