Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Teams Optimization

Question

Does anyone have any updated info on a timeline for MS Teams optimization ?  last i heard it was supposed to go to tech preview in April but havent found anything yet.  Specifically we are using Linux thin clients so we'd be most curious when support from a Linux client (workspace client on there) will be ready and available.   On that same note is it known yet if Teams optimization will work the same way as Skype RealtimeEngine works? (engine installed on the client, connector on VDA)? 

1 answer to this question

On 5/3/2019 at 11:27 PM, Andrew Gresbach1709152664 said:

Does anyone have any updated info on a timeline for MS Teams optimization ?  last i heard it was supposed to go to tech preview in April but havent found anything yet.  Specifically we are using Linux thin clients so we'd be most curious when support from a Linux client (workspace client on there) will be ready and available.   On that same note is it known yet if Teams optimization will work the same way as Skype RealtimeEngine works? (engine installed on the client, connector on VDA)? 

It is already in TP and the VDA/CWA can be found here - but unless you registered with Microsoft for their TAP program, you cant really use them.

In this first release we will only support Windows CWA. Linux CWA is in the short term roadmap, send me a private message for more details.

Release timelines will be announced in Synergy.

Lastly,

Teams optimization is similar to RTOP, but the new 'Connector' and 'RTME' are now bundled by default into VDA and CWA respectively.

No more plugins!