Welcome to our new Citrix community!

O365 account cannot be used to active Office in a shared computer scenarios

Question

6 answers to this question

Sorry to resurrect an old post but I've run into the same issue on a Xenpp 7.15/W2012R2 VDA and Office 365 Business Premium Plan where it refuses to activate. I

had thought Business Premium was the minimum that would work with XA/RDSH but have found several sources stating it needs to be E3+. Can someone confirm and clarify whether Business Premium can be used with Shared Activation or is it solely E3 or higher ?  It would be mightily appreciated.

5 hours ago, Harjinder Tattal1709157636 said:

Sorry to resurrect an old post but I've run into the same issue on a Xenpp 7.15/W2012R2 VDA and Office 365 Business Premium Plan where it refuses to activate. I

had thought Business Premium was the minimum that would work with XA/RDSH but have found several sources stating it needs to be E3+. Can someone confirm and clarify whether Business Premium can be used with Shared Activation or is it solely E3 or higher ?  It would be mightily appreciated.

Accoring to this post an MS rep. states that Office 365 Business Premium is NOT supported using shared activation:
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-365-Business-Blog/Shared-Computer-Activation-for-Office-in-Microsoft-365-Business/ba-p/472994

Microsoft 365 Business on the other hand, can be used with shared activation.