Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Can I upgrade WEM from 4.7 direct to 1903?

Question

22 answers to this question

I will add to this, my experience (and others) has been that you can direct upgrade the agents, but the Infrastructure needs to be updated sequentially as the Database update scripts need to be run for each version. 

I specifically had issue going 4.7 to 1811. Had to roll back and go 4.7 to 1808, then 1808 to 1811 on the Infrastructure server.

17 hours ago, Dennis Parker said:

I will add to this, my experience (and others) has been that you can direct upgrade the agents, but the Infrastructure needs to be updated sequentially as the Database update scripts need to be run for each version. 

I specifically had issue going 4.7 to 1811. Had to roll back and go 4.7 to 1808, then 1808 to 1811 on the Infrastructure server.

I've had problems with this as well. You should upgrade the database incrementally. 

https://tech.xenit.se/update-workspace-environment-management-from-4-5-to-1808/

3 minutes ago, Nils Andreas Myhre said:

4.7 = 1808 right?

So the path when I'm on 4.7 today is - 1808(4.7) > 1811 > 1903, correct?

I couldn't find a 1808 version of WEM on Citrix.com.

No, 

4.7 = 4.7

4.8 = 1808

Yeah, it's really hard to find the old medias. Citrix should really change their website. I have the ZIP if you want me to upload it to you?

20 hours ago, Andy White1709154166 said:

Although all these are turning red now:

image.thumb.png.ed4dcb8dfae4780154a5414ce924b34b.png

I have completed the upgrade from 4.7 directly to 1903. I too see the same behaviour in the agent overview. None of my agents are now showing "sychronization state" ok.

Even upgraded agents don't report status.

From an upgraded Agent:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Norskale\Norskale Agent Host>AgentCacheUtility.exe -refreshcache -debug

Citrix Workspace Environment Management Agent Cache Management Utility - By Citrix Systems, Inc - Version 1903.0.1.1

Local Agent cache synchronization error occured, please Check debug log for more details

Operation Completed with Errors
Local Agent cache synchronization error occured, please Check debug log for more details

image.thumb.png.5afd826311c5439bc627e0b9c8ca7606.png

System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Norskale.Common.Data.Faults.DataReaderFault]: The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason. (Fault Detail is equal to Norskale.Common.Data.Faults.DataReaderFault).

image.thumb.png.bd30364972e9dc318a4d8143c62ee1b8.png

From the broker:

Unexpected Local Broker Cache Synchronization Error Occured, Please Check Debug Logs for further details

image.thumb.png.31366a887df17aee8a8ed28bbd8ebae6.png

Looks like the agents are operating normally, all settings are being applied. I do not redirect WEM Agent Cache, local cache is being recreated when agents are booting.

I am tempted to stop "Norskale Infrastructure Service" and delete contants of: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Norskale\Norskale Infrastructure Services\Local Broker Cache", then start the service again. Is that safe to do?