Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Workspace for Mac don't start the Citrix Desktop

Willem Scholten

Question

I didn't have problems with the Citrix Workspace connection to our work Citrix environment. On my iPad it stil works fine (same method with RSA token).

But after a conflict with SharePoint 365 and OneDrive, I had to restore some things with OneDrive and after that I can't make connection tot my work Citrix environment with Citrix Workspace.

The announcement I get on the screen is: Please try again in a few minutes. Contact your help desk for assistence (see screenshot below)

I use the latest Citrix Workspace 19.3.1.25 (1903). On the workside we have Storefront.

Problem lies on Macbook side, because before it worked oke and on my iPad it is still working.

I tried to restore the Citrix receiver and the Citrix Workspace and re-install them but no effect.

I de-installed the components also manually, but without positive effect

I tried to install a new MacOs Mojave 10.14.4 but also didn't have effect.

Who can help me?

Schermafbeelding 2019-04-29 om 12.02.14.png

9 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Tejus Adiga M said:

Looks like on your Mac Smart card initialization is failing. Problem with pkcs11 smart card module.

Do you use smart card to login?

Tejus

No I don't use smart card login. We have the RSA token facility on our smartphone.
The login with RSA works fine (username, password and RSA-token). Then I come in Storefront and I start the Citrix Workspace desktop from our company and then I get the screenshot above. 

I also tried it with Google Chrome and Firefox and I get the same error.
Login is no problem, but the pass-through with Citrix Workspace to the Citrix Desktop gives the error announcement. 

Because I need Citrix for my work I took my old Macbook (didin't use it for a year).
This Macbook has MacOS High Sierra, version 10.13.4 and after installing Citrix Workspace I could login on Citrix for my Work.

But I want to use my new Macbook. I hope someone can tell me what settings I have to change on my new Macbook.

On 6-5-2019 at 10:02 PM, David Clark1709160691 said:

This looks like an SSL Handshake error (TT_ERROR | Invalid socket parameter -1), or may be due to Session profiles misconfigured.

http://www.carlstalhood.com/session-policies-for-storefront-netscaler-11/

Thanks for the reaction.

But I don't know what to do to solve the problem.

Could anyone help me? 
On the Mac it's different than on a Windows machine.

I'm not a MAC user nor do I often support users with anything other than Windows and IOS devices, but from the trace it appears that the SSL Handshake is failing.  This could be that the MAC does not Trust the Root and Intermediate Certificates.  Look in KeyChain and see if the certificates are there and valid.

The other cause could be that the Session Profile Policies have not been defined properly on the Netscaler, you would need to involve the team that supports the Netscaler in order to have them look into that.

On 30-5-2019 at 3:33 PM, David Clark1709160691 said:

I'm not a MAC user nor do I often support users with anything other than Windows and IOS devices, but from the trace it appears that the SSL Handshake is failing.  This could be that the MAC does not Trust the Root and Intermediate Certificates.  Look in KeyChain and see if the certificates are there and valid.

The other cause could be that the Session Profile Policies have not been defined properly on the Netscaler, you would need to involve the team that supports the Netscaler in order to have them look into that.

Thanks for your support. 

But I restored the backup of my Macbook and now it's working.