Welcome to our new Citrix community!

SentinelOne 3.1 Layer on Windows 10 1803

Question

10 answers to this question

Is it possible the newer version is blocking accessing to USB/removable drives? Try to install it in a version of the OS layer. Does it work? Which version of app layering are you working with? Possibly using our latest, hotfix, might help.  I suggest you open a case with us, just in case we want to replicate your steps, to gather more data and possibly give you access to our hotfix, as needed.

Thank you reaching out to the vendor of the program, that really helps! If they determine we are part of the cause for the failure, ask them to give you some data as to how, why. We can capture that in the case and speed up the solution process.

No, this option is not activated as we have not the licence for it. I've not tried to install it on the OS layer but i have more informations. We use App Layering version 19.3.0.63.

I tried to do a Shutdown For Finalize even if i have to reboot and now i have this information:

"a reboot is pending to update drivers on the boot disk - please check and reboot the Packaging Machine"

I tried to boot in safe mode too and i have a blue screen without details on the error.

I've done more tests:

-installation on an application layer on Windows 2016 -> same problem

-installation with the new version of SentinelOne with SP1 -> same problem

-followed the article, finalized the layer without reboot -> same problem on first boot

-installation on OS layer -> working

Have you an idea as we do not want to install an antivirus on the OS layer or do i need to open a case?

At least we know it will work in the OS layer. If it did not, then there would be a different path for troubleshooting.

Now, in some cases you may need to install the a/v, malware, other software in the OS Layer, as much as we recommend not to.  Please open a case, provide the details that are in this post, or enter a link to this post if possible and any other details you may have.

We are also having issues with SentinelOne as an applayer component. In our case the agent crashes sometimes at logon. I think it has something to do with the fact that the SentinelOne DB is installed in the user layer. SentilOne support states that a different (app) layer for Sentinel One is unsupported. I am also going to test with OS layer.