Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Browser Content Redirection (BCR) requirements

Marcel Zunnebeld

Question

Hello,

I'm testing with a new environment (Citrix VAD 1811) on Server 2016 and want to use BCR. I only get it working when i installed Shockwave player on the Server OS.

On the Server 2016 i used the DISM command to enable Flash: dism /online /add-package /packagepath:"C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\Adobe-Flash-For-Windows-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0.mum"   I did'nt install Adobe Flash separately.   The client computer has Workspace app 1902

Is the shockwave player really necessary for BCR to work properly, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Marcel

5 answers to this question

Thanks for the information / url!
I have it working now but I wonder if there are also different scenarios possible in different GPO's.

For instance a GPO for all sites that are outside the company network, and a GPO for internal sites. When i configure the Proxy GPO, all sites are then Server fetch & client render?

I have a internal site that also need internal authentication that i want to redirect, how can i redirect this with BCR but not affect YouTube etc. (that must be client fetch & client render).

Thanks in advance.

Marcel

On 4/30/2019 at 10:29 AM, Marcel Zunnebeld said:

Thanks for the information / url!
I have it working now but I wonder if there are also different scenarios possible in different GPO's.

For instance a GPO for all sites that are outside the company network, and a GPO for internal sites. When i configure the Proxy GPO, all sites are then Server fetch & client render?

I have a internal site that also need internal authentication that i want to redirect, how can i redirect this with BCR but not affect YouTube etc. (that must be client fetch & client render).

Thanks in advance.

Marcel

Not currently, but it is on the short term roadmap.

Today, as you mentioned, the moment you turn on the Server Fetch Client Render (a.k.a Proxy Configuration) it is all or nothing - every website will be routed back to the VDA and from there to the Internet.

We should add a new policy for whitelisted websites that need SFCR exclusively.