Welcome to our new Citrix community!

xenserver - automate windows VM installation

Rajesh Ch

Question

Hi All, 

Im trying to automate, provisioning the windows machine & able.

However, Whenever my machine loads for first-time, its still asking for some default steps to be given manually .. like setting up timezone / username / password.

Is there a way that I can automate those steps also , through commands or xen template..???

(Pic attached) 

image.png

6 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Alan Lantz said:

A template should be able to assist as well, depends on why you are trying to do.

--Alan--

okay , let me explain.

My motive is to remove all manual interaction  --which I have achieved till windows installation through xen template. 

The only stage Im struck up is here - when I boot, the new machine, Its asking me to select timezone, location, username, password details manually ..

Im looking a way to send those through script .. so that, in future, I no need to select for 100 servers manually.

Just now, Rajesh Ch said:

okay , let me explain.

My motive is to remove all manual interaction  --which I have achieved till windows installation through xen template. 

The only stage Im struck up is here - when I boot, the new machine, Its asking me to select timezone, location, username, password details manually ..

Im looking a way to send those through script .. so that, in future, I no need to select for 100 servers manually.

If you have a template, or any solution - Pls.share, would be very helpful.