Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Cannot connect to Gateway with Citrix Workspace/Receiver

Walter B

Good day,

I have the following environment: 

• Citrix Gateway 12.1 VPX, Storefront 1811, Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.1811.
  • Applications are published via VAD through the storefront store. They are accessed internally via the storefront, and externally via the Citrix Gateway VP
  • External users to access apps through the Gateway VPX - ourdomain.co.za

Everything works perfect in the internal environment - can access the storefront and apps via the "Receiver for Web" site, as well as via the Citrix Workspace App / Receiver for Windows.

From external clients, I am getting errors if I want to connect to the Gateway using the Citrix Workspace app / Receiver for Windows / Online Plugin. It keeps telling me the account cannot be added or the server cannot be contacted. However, the "Receiver for Web" site works perfect through the web browser.  So the situation is as follows for external users:

I have went through my configuration over and over and cannot find anything wrong. Why would the Gateway work through Web URL in browser, but not with XenApp services URL in Receiver/WorkspaceApp? 

Would appreciate if anyone can give some advise as to where to start troubleshooting and what to check.

Many thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

The externally Receiver cannot use directly the PNagent/config.xml connection because there is not directly contacted. You can use the https://ourdomain.co.za domain for configuring the Receiver in native mode.

For grant the native Receiver connection it must configure an OS policy and link into the NetScaler Gateway (this will be created by the NetScaler Gateway Wizard).

You can find many complete guides into Carl blog :5_smiley:

Silvio

• 3 years later...
On 4/26/2019 at 12:24 PM, Walter B said:

Good day,

I have the following environment: 

• Citrix Gateway 12.1 VPX, Storefront 1811, Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.1811.
  • Applications are published via VAD through the storefront store. They are accessed internally via the storefront, and externally via the Citrix Gateway VP
  • External users to access apps through the Gateway VPX - ourdomain.co.za

Everything works perfect in the internal environment - can access the storefront and apps via the "Receiver for Web" site, as well as via the Citrix Workspace App / Receiver for Windows.

From external clients, I am getting errors if I want to connect to the Gateway using the Citrix Workspace app / Receiver for Windows / Online Plugin. It keeps telling me the account cannot be added or the server cannot be contacted. However, the "Receiver for Web" site works perfect through the web browser.  So the situation is as follows for external users:

I have went through my configuration over and over and cannot find anything wrong. Why would the Gateway work through Web URL in browser, but not with XenApp services URL in Receiver/WorkspaceApp? 

Would appreciate if anyone can give some advise as to where to start troubleshooting and what to check.

Many thanks in advance.

Hello Walter,

Sorry to bump up your old post. I got the same problem. How did you solve it? Thank you!