Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Question

I am building a VDI Infrastructure. We have Outlook 2010 as of now and the servers are On Prem. We are planning to move to Office 365 and the migration is yet to take place.
I installed Office 365 and every time we launch Outlook 2016 it starts prompting with Username and Password. How can I avoid this not being prompted and just go and fetch my emails from OnPrem Exchange servers?
Once we migrate to the cloud then we will have to just point it to the cloud and it should work. But, for now, I am not sure how I can ignore this Outlook message prompting everytime.

Office 365.PNG

2 answers to this question

Just need alittle bit more information and some clarification.  You said you downloaded Office Proplus.  What account is being used to activate?  If you are using proplus then you must have Office 365 connecting to onprem exchange via hybrid?  Or is Outlook 2016 the perpetual version?  For SSO to work properly is you VDI on the same domain as Exchange?  Happy to help.

On 5/19/2019 at 4:52 PM, Brian Korrow said:

Just need alittle bit more information and some clarification.  You said you downloaded Office Proplus.  What account is being used to activate?  If you are using proplus then you must have Office 365 connecting to onprem exchange via hybrid?  Or is Outlook 2016 the perpetual version?  For SSO to work properly is you VDI on the same domain as Exchange?  Happy to help.

Hi Brian,

Thanks and appreciate your response and to help. I am using my office email account (same that is being used for the cloud) to logon to Office 365 on the VDI. I am not sure about onprem exchange via hybrid. These are new terms, as I last administered Exchange in 2007 after that many things have changed in Exchange/Outlook. 

Yes, I would like to logon to my Outlook 2016 with my credentials without any issues like how I logon to Outlook on my desktop. I am not sure that this info helps in anyway?