Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Secure Mail "Sync to local contacts" and "Export Secure Mail Calendart" errors

Antonis Deliolanis

Question

In the latest version 19.3.5-19, Sync to local contacts copies the contacts initially, but after awhile the contacts disappear from the device catalog.

The problem happens only in Samsung devices so far... One minute the contacts are in the device catalog and the next minute they are gone....

Also, when the problem happens, the option "Sync to local contacts" disappears as well from the Secure Mail settings menu

I also tried on Huawei Y7 2019 and Xiaomi Redmi 5S and they both are unaffected... Local contacs sync works and they are not disappearing.

Also, in all the android devices I have tried, "Export Secure Mail Calendar" fails with "Error while exporting calendar events" notification

In iOS devices, it gives the same error, but manages to export the events to the device calendar.

I have also tried the beta version from the google play store, but both the problems remain.

We are currently evaluating the Secure Mail app (through Intune integration) for a 3000 user installation and you can understand that both of these problems (especially contacts) are deal breakers for us

Regards,

Antonis

10 answers to this question

Appreciate spending time on posting questions in discussions forum.  Please find my answer below for your questions/concerns.

1.    In the latest version 19.3.5-19, Sync to local contacts copies the contacts initially, but after a while the contacts disappear from the device catalog. The problem happens only in Samsung devices so far... One minute the contacts are in the device catalog and the next minute they are gone.... Also, when the problem happens, the option "Sync to local contacts" disappears as well from the Secure Mail settings menu.
--> Can you please send the logs to us to further analysis the issue ?

2.    Also, in all the android devices I have tried, "Export Secure Mail Calendar" fails with "Error while exporting calendar events" notification
--> It’s a configuration issue, this you can fix by setting calendar provider bundle id’s in intune app protection exclusion list policy from portal.azure.com

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding the calendar sync problem:

- In android devices: I figured it needed an exception, because it worked as soon as I allowed "All Apps" in intune app protection policy setting "Send Org Data to other apps".

So, I added "com.android.calendar" and "com.android.providers.calendar" to the exempt apps in intune app protection policy and now it is syncing the calendar events correctly to the device.

- In iOS devices (Secure Mail 19.4.5.16), export to personal calendar produces an error and exports some (not all) of the events, without enabling further sync . The error persists regardless of the "Send Org Data to other apps" setting (either "Policy Managed Apps" or "All Apps" enabled) .

Regarding the contacts sync problem in Samsung Devices (Secure Mail 19.3.5-19):

- The disappearance of the synced contacts from the device seems to be triggered by opening the Secure Mail app and opening the settings menu of the app, then closing the app. I do this a few times, until the option "Sync to local contacts disappears from the settings menu. I then open the Samsung contacts app and the synced contacts are gone... 

I have attached logs of iOS and Samsung devices.

Regards,

Antonis

Samsung Android Secure Mail.zip

iOS Secure Mail Logs.zip

We are experiencing the same contacts issue where we run a sync from phone and an hour or so later they disappear. Reopening SecureMail does it also we believe.  So far, we've only seen it on Samsung 7 and 8 with the latest OS update.  The one Samsung 9 phone we have doesn't appear to have an issue.  We have the same Samsung Devices (Secure Mail 19.3.5-19). Samsung phones that haven't received their latest OS update appear to be ok.  Iphones don't appear to have the issue either. 

13 hours ago, Clint Weldon said:

We are experiencing the same contacts issue where we run a sync from phone and an hour or so later they disappear. Reopening SecureMail does it also we believe.  So far, we've only seen it on Samsung 7 and 8 with the latest OS update.  The one Samsung 9 phone we have doesn't appear to have an issue.  We have the same Samsung Devices (Secure Mail 19.3.5-19). Samsung phones that haven't received their latest OS update appear to be ok.  Iphones don't appear to have the issue either. 

Which flow you are using? XenMobile(CEM) alone or Intune alone or XenMobileMDM+Intune MAM?

7 minutes ago, Alexander Koch1709157616 said:

Same issue here...

Does anyone have an update on this or opened a case at Citrix?

Kind regards

Alex

We had opened a case with Citrix and they told us it is solved since Secure Mail 19.5 and advised us to update the package in Xenmobile as well as the app on the devices. The issues haven't reoccurred since, so it seems indeed fixed.

Enrico

On 12.6.2019 at 0:02 PM, Enrico Klein1709151718 said:

We had opened a case with Citrix and they told us it is solved since Secure Mail 19.5 and advised us to update the package in Xenmobile as well as the app on the devices. The issues haven't reoccurred since, so it seems indeed fixed.

Enrico

Hi Enrico,

I just updated the MDX files for the Secure Apps.
Unfortunately I don't have any improvement.

Strangely enough there is no calendar export function on my iPhone 7 with the latest iOS and newst SecureMail.

Does anyone still have the problem that SecureMail doesn't even have an export option?

Best regards

Alex