Welcome to our new Citrix community!

storefront upgrade 7.15 LTSR cu3 fails from cu1 with error 0x000003E4

Dear all,

we are running storefront 3.12.1000.1 (7.15 LTSR cu1) and when try to update to cu3, intallation fail with this error:

citrixstorefront-x64.exe component failed to install with error 0x000003E4

At C:/temp/citrix/storefront file log, we find this entries:

Even restored original C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\StoreWeb\web.config -> Cannot upgrade Citrix StoreFront with the current customizations installed.

This have no sense for me -> [Information] The value of property 'Strings.CannotUpgradeFromOldVersion' was overridden. Was: Upgrading Citrix StoreFront from the current version is not supported.

Upgrade to version 2.0.0 before continuing

Also if we force to launch citrixstorefront-x64.exe (without update wizard) we get an error like:

StoreFront cannot be uninstalled because the following folders are in use by another program. Close the program and try again.

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\StoreAuth\App_Data\resources
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\StoreWeb

At this time, no one is connected, server was rebooted and none TCP connection is established (cmd: netstat)

On another try we have launched the update with this services stopped but also not succesful:

Service:CitrixStorefront 
  Service:CitrixPrivilegedService 
  Service:ComTradeMPSFAgent 
  Service:W3SVC 
  Service:WAS 

Did you find this errors before??

What could I do to get out of this errors?

Thanks!

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @apoorvg but tested without success.

I just try the new one CU4 but same errors here. 

Also, I have replaced C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\StoreWeb\web.config for the original and error has changed to 0x0000643. On this way I have also tested lot of 'solutions' posted con websites but still hanged.

I am going to clone and trying differents solutions safely. If I get something different I will post it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2019 at 6:56 PM, Oscar Camanes1709159584 said:

Thanks @apoorvg but tested without success.

I just try the new one CU4 but same errors here. 

Also, I have replaced C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\StoreWeb\web.config for the original and error has changed to 0x0000643. On this way I have also tested lot of 'solutions' posted con websites but still hanged.

I am going to clone and trying differents solutions safely. If I get something different I will post it.

Hi mate, any luck with this issue? I'm going from CU2 > 4 and having the exact same error.

Cheers