Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Workspace Chromebook Kiosk App version 19.3.0.1 with ChromeOS 73.0.3683.88

Dustin Partney

Question

After updating our fleet of Chromebooks to ChromeOS 73.0.3683.88 with Citrix Workspace Chromebook Kiosk App version 19.3.0.1, our IT Help Desk became flooded with Tickets that users were accidentally closing and minimizing their Citrix XenApp desktops and were left at a white screen where users were forced to reboot the Chromebook, and then sign back in. If they close the session with the hidden 'x' the device will go to a white screen, then black, then reboot. The cursor also turns black at the top of the screen to indicate the clicks are going to ChromeOS, and not the Citrix XenApp Desktop. I tested an earlier version of Citrix Workspace (version 18) for Kiosk mode (version 72) and it does not have this issue. After the update, users are able to move their cursor to above the Citrix environment, which is sending commands to ChromeOS. By definition, these command should not exist in Kiosk mode. If users move the cursor to the upper right corner, they can press 'Minimize', 'Window' and 'Close' on the Citrix session, despite the fact these buttons are hidden. Will this bug be fixed in a patch in the near future? I am trying to cap my updates now at version 72, but the damage is done on the devices with ChromeOS 73 and Citrix 19.

Edited by Partney
Did not include the working version of Citrix Workspace

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet