Welcome to our new Citrix community!

VDA unregistered due to network latency

VirtualAB

Question

Hi

I had an incident recently with one of my customer citrix environment, details as follows.

Citrix XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR

Windows 2012 R2

PVS 7.15 LTSR

Issue is that, few VDA machines got unregistered and from initial observation we see there network latency between XDC & VDA.

Now the question is will NW latency impact the VDA registration process ? If so will there be any log available which states latency caused unregistration ? 

Thnaks in Advance,

AB

3 answers to this question

Hi BART,

I've tried this during the incident time, I ran the health assistant tool and all test completed successfully (Green) but still machines were in unregistered state.

Except NW latency between VDA and XDC, don't see any abnormalities. I've verified the event logs ob both VDA & XDC machines  but nothing found as suspicious.

On 4/17/2019 at 9:17 AM, AshokReddy Bhavanam said:

Hi

I had an incident recently with one of my customer citrix environment, details as follows.

Citrix XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR

Windows 2012 R2

PVS 7.15 LTSR

Issue is that, few VDA machines got unregistered and from initial observation we see there network latency between XDC & VDA.

Now the question is will NW latency impact the VDA registration process ? If so will there be any log available which states latency caused unregistration ? 

Thnaks in Advance,

AB

Check the event logs and identify the logs when you find the VDA unregistered due Network latency.

Check the Network latency with the Network Team that why packets get dropped.

Also check the BrokerAgent.exe service is running from console.

Check firewall that VDA has not has the appropriate exclusions configured to enable communication with controllers.

Also you can give it try to disabled the firewall once on VDA and observed it.

Regards,

Akshay

Citrix Xendesktop VDI expert