Welcome to our new Citrix community!

SQL Always on can't work properly

Almaz Nureev

Question

Hello, I configured a windows 2016 failover cluster. I installed sql 2017 enterprise on each server. I configured quorum. I disconnect the second server and the base is available in the studio. Disable the first server and the database is not available in the studio. Can you help me with a solution?

Error Id: XDDS:D0657670

Exception:
    Citrix.Orchestration.Base.LogicModels.Exceptions.ScriptException Cannot communicate with the database. Check that the database is running and that it is not being upgraded. Make sure you have permission to access the database.
       в Citrix.Orchestration.Base.PowerShellInteraction.CmdletExecutionMethods.CreateException[T](ICommonLog logger, ExecutionResults`1 results, ICmdletExecutionHost host)
       в Citrix.Orchestration.Base.PowerShellInteraction.CmdletExecutionMethods.Execute[T](ISdkCmdlet`1 sdkCmd, ICmdletExecutionHost host, Boolean allowFailover)
       в Citrix.Orchestration.Base.PowerShellSdk.SiteInformationService.Scripts.GetPermissionCacheInformationScript.RunScript()
       в Citrix.Orchestration.Base.PowerShellInteraction.PowerShellScript`1.Run()
       в Citrix.Orchestration.Base.PowerShellSdk.SiteInformationService.SiteInformationService.RefreshPermissionsCache(String controllerAddress)
       в Citrix.Orchestration.Base.PowerShellSdk.SiteInformationService.SiteInformationService.ValidatePermissionsCache()
       в Citrix.Orchestration.Base.PowerShellSdk.SiteInformationService.SiteInformationService.CheckPermission(NonScopedPermissionModel permission)
       в Citrix.Console.CommonControls.Mmc.NodeCommands.NodeCommand.CallFunctionWithErrorHandling[T](Func`1 functionToCall)

DesktopStudio_ErrorId : DataStoreException
    SqlErrorText : При входе в систему пользователя "HQ\MSK-XEN-DDC1$" произошла ошибка.
    SqlErrorNumber : 18456
    ConnectionString : Data Source=MSK-VDI-MSSQL;Initial Catalog=Citrixhq_epkgroupSite;Integrated Security=True;Application Name=Citrix:DelegatedAdmin
    DataSource : 
    Sdk Error Message : The database configured for this service is an invalid state. The operation could not be completed as the Database configured for the CitrixDelegatedAdmin service is not available or cannot be contacted. Check that the service database is running, verify your credentials and ensure you have permissions to access the database and that the database is not being upgraded. Hint: A DALAuthenticationException occurred.
    Sdk Error ID : Citrix.XDPowerShell.Status.DataStoreException,Citrix.DelegatedAdmin.Sdk.Commands.GetAdminRevisionCommand
    ErrorCategory : NotSpecified
    DesktopStudio_PowerShellHistory : GetPermissionCacheInformationScript
    16.04.2019 15:55:07

Get-AdminRevision  -AdminAddress "msk-xen-ddc1.hq.epkgroup.local:80" -BearerToken ********
    Get-AdminRevision : The database configured for this service is an invalid state. The operation could not be completed as the Database configured for the CitrixDelegatedAdmin service is not available or cannot be contacted. Check that the service database is running, verify your credentials and ensure you have permissions to access the database and that the database is not being upgraded. Hint: A DALAuthenticationException occurred.
        + CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [Get-AdminRevision], InvalidOperationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Citrix.XDPowerShell.Status.DataStoreException,Citrix.DelegatedAdmin.Sdk.Commands.GetAdminRevisionCommand

1 answer to this question

Hi,

SqlErrorText : При входе в систему пользователя "HQ\MSK-XEN-DDC1$" произошла ошибка.
    SqlErrorNumber : 18456

I'm not sure what this errortext means, but error-# 18456 usually means a permission error.

Please check the permission of the DDC Computer Accounts (HQ\MSK-XEN-DDC1$" on your second SQL server, since accounts aren't replicated in an sql always on cluster

Regards,

Fabian