Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Browser Content Redirection for 7.15 LTSR CU3

Katrina Cruz

Question

Does this definitely work on 7.15 LTSR CU3? I can't get this to work at all. Here's what I know:

- Citrix HDX Browser Redirection Service running
- Citrix HDX HTML5 Video Redirection Service running
- VDA was on 7.15 LTSR CU1. Upgraded to CU3 via the command prompt parameters.
- Citrix Browser Content Redirection addon installed on the VDA.
- Endpoint device running the latest Citrix Workspace.
- ADMX loaded into Central Store, GPO created:
a) Browser Content Redirection = enabled
b) Browser Content Redirection ACL Configuration enabled and set to * (also tried setting to https://youtube.com/*)

- Also tried adding the following reg keys:
a) (REG_DWORD) - WebBrowserRedirection = 1
b) (REG_MULTI_SZ) - WebBrowserRedirectionACL = *

Restarted VDA and still can't get the redirection to work. What am I missing?

5 answers to this question

Also, it looks like the BCR ADMX template created by Citrix does not create the registry keys for [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432node\Citrix\HDXMediaStream]. It only creates reg keys for [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\HDXMediaStream].

This is a problem, because the policies weren't applying at all until I manually added the reg keys to the Wow6432node hive.

Further to this, it looks like Teams for Web only works in IE. I can see the HDXBrowser.exe on my endpoint when accessing Teams.  However, it doesn't work in Chrome, even though other sites like Youtube or Vimeo work in Chrome. The same policies are applying, just that in Chrome, Teams for Web doesn't work.

Update:

Actually, Teams for Web does work with BCR for Chrome, but video + voice calling won't work (even if you install the "Teams Calling" Chrome extension made by some random guy). If you don't use BCR, then video + voice call will work in Chrome. So it looks like BCR is pretty limited at the moment. In fact, I found a Citrix article highlighting that video calling isn't possible with BCR atm. This isn't mentioned anywhere else other than that particular article.

• Like 1

Yes, I've gone through most of that already.

I've tried this both in Chrome & IE. I've got the Chrome extension installed, no blacklists configured, whitelist configured as per first post above.

For IE, I've done the following:

- “Enable Enhanced Protected Mode” is unticked
- “Enable third-party browser extensions” is ticked
- “Citrix HDXJsInjector” addon is enabled in Internet Explorer – confirmed this on both the VDA and also in the Citrix session itself.

However, on the endpoint, the HDXBrowserCef.exe or HDXBrowser.exe never launches. Nothing I could find in event logs, no crash errors or anything. Endpoint definitely on the latest Workspace version.

- Client device has direct internet access. Can definitely load the same Youtube video.

I hope, IE Browser on VDA and Client is Internet Explorer 11. If not, please ensure it.

If the website you are trying to redirect is in your Internet Zone, then please add to the Trusted Zone Sites in IE11

If the external redirected sites like Youtube, then please uncheck option "Include all sites that bypass the proxy server". (Internet Properties --> Security --> Local Intranet --> Sites, and uncheck "Include all sites that bypass the proxy server")

Ended up raising a case with Citrix Support. Turns out that even if you have nothing configured in the "Browser Content Redirection Proxy Configuration" setting in the GPO, it will somehow cause issues with the redirection. I was testing this specific setting and just removed the proxy settings in there, rather than setting this GPO setting to be disabled or not configured.