Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Profiles RDS v2 to v6 or change to Citrix Profiles

Arjan Belder1709160874

Question

Hi All,

I'm in the middle of moving one of my clients from Xenapp 7.6 LTSR with windows 2012 as a OS to a newly created Xenapp 7.15 LTSR with windows 2016 as OS. All went fine until i started testing the new envoirement. The first thing that happend was that it created a new local profile on the server. After a bit of searching i found out that RDS 2016 no longer looks at the RDS settings from the AD. But MS created a workaround for that with some registry adjustments. So now profiles are created and deleted like they use to, only thing is it creates new profiles, the testuser.V6.  So I was testing this with my testuser to see what happens when I rename it's old testuser.V2 to a *.V6. And it worked, the server loads the profile and it looks like all is working fine. But it got me thinking, this is just a testuser, what will/can happen. I'm not sure if this is the way to go.

Any of you have any experience with this? or is it better to create new ones or even switch to Citrix profile management (never worked with this before). I did read that Citrix profile management could migrate user profile settings?

Regards

Arjan

2 answers to this question

On 12-4-2019 at 0:17 PM, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

I normally let it create new profiles and use scripts to copy settings from the old profile to the new profile.

Hi Carl,

thanks for the reply, i'm not very experienced with scripting. Is their any examples on that some where? And for instance can you also script profile settings from outlook, since they have more then 1 mailbox i cant just push that with GPO's.

Regards

Arjan

Archived