Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Unable To Boot Windows 10 Xendesktop Image

Jason Barrett1709159123

Question

Hi

I have installed windows 10 on a vmware vm and all the required apps.  I then installed, vmware tools > Citrix Virtual Agent > Citrix Provising Device Software  I then cloaned the VM to a VMware template.   I then ran the citrix imaging application to capture the VM to PVS,  I selected PXE boot, when I reboot the server it boots to PXE and hangs. So I booted the VM in to windows, added a E: drive and ran the imaging capture again this time capturing the image to a hdx file on the E: drive.

I then copied this image to the PVS server and imported the image. Set to standard mode with cache on hard disk overflow to RAM.  I then provisioned vms using the created template.  The VMs fail to boot and hang at the screen in the attached pic.  Same issue if I set the image to private mode. Any ideas what I can do? 

Am using Xen desktop / PVS version 7.18

1.png

1 answer to this question

Hi 

1. Basically it looks like PVS target is trying to failback cache to server. For some reason it is not able to apply cache overflow to HD.  

- Have you set the cache failback path in PVS server?

unbenannt.thumb.jpg.c3190faabc5b541df35649f44736581c.jpg

- Are Cache disks attached to Target VMs?

I have had this issue a few months ago. Still don't know why Cache overflow to cache disk didn't work anymore from one day to another. However, I had to create new machines for this problem to solve. In the meantime I also updated vCenter to 6.5, and then ran into this issue:

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX226954

Maybe this helps you also. 

Regards, Cedy