Welcome to our new Citrix community!

iOS Calender Sync to local calender

Alexander Koch1709157616

Question

Hi all,

We have users who want to synchronize the calendar from the SecureMail calendar to the local calendar. This feature is now available. Before it was only possible to show the private calendar entries in SecureMail.

The feature is enabled in the MDX policies in SecureMail. The problem is now that the synchronization does not work properly. If you want to start the process the loading bar starts to load. Towards the end of the bar the error appears:
Export not possible
There is an error when exporting your calendar events.

Is there an error known here ? more needs to be configured than just the one option in the mdx policy

kind regards and thanks

Alex

7 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, David Egan1709157332 said:

Hi Alex, perhaps this is similar to https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX234648?

Best regards,

David

Hi David,

Fast like always, nice to hear from you :-)

we doesnt have a active Restrictions device policy for iOS.

No active policy, so I don't think anything is being blocked here.

By the way the contact export is fine.

I'll see if I can find anything in the logs.

Best regards

Alex

Happy to offer advice :5_smiley:

If you end up finding similar log entries, like those that show up in that article, then maybe there will be some steps to go through.

A 'match' in the logs means that we need to tell iOS to allow some things to happen. Use the 'Restrictions' device policy to make these changes.

From https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/xenmobile/server/policies/restrictions-policy.html#ios-settings

Security - Allow

Documents from managed apps in unmanaged apps: Allow users to move data from managed (corporate) apps to unmanaged (personal) apps.   <-- THIS ONE!

Documents from unmanaged apps in managed apps: Allow users to move data from unmanaged (personal) apps to managed (corporate) apps.

It can maybe be considered confusing that we must turn to a 'Restrictions' policy to 'allow' for something to happen! Let me know if this turns out to be the cause of your problem.

Many thanks,

David

20 hours ago, David Egan1709157332 said:

Happy to offer advice :5_smiley:

If you end up finding similar log entries, like those that show up in that article, then maybe there will be some steps to go through.

A 'match' in the logs means that we need to tell iOS to allow some things to happen. Use the 'Restrictions' device policy to make these changes.

From https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/xenmobile/server/policies/restrictions-policy.html#ios-settings

Security - Allow

Documents from managed apps in unmanaged apps: Allow users to move data from managed (corporate) apps to unmanaged (personal) apps.   <-- THIS ONE!

Documents from unmanaged apps in managed apps: Allow users to move data from unmanaged (personal) apps to managed (corporate) apps.

It can maybe be considered confusing that we must turn to a 'Restrictions' policy to 'allow' for something to happen! Let me know if this turns out to be the cause of your problem.

Many thanks,

David

Hi David,

In the new environment where we had been working on the salescrm problem, we have the Restrictions active. See screenshot.

The export doesn't work anyway. :)

grafik.thumb.png.de2b818bf3ae33c416f91e9ecf89e828.png

What could be the problem here?

kind regards

Alex

19 hours ago, Erwin de Beer1709152891 said:

Same problem here. Did you find a solution?

Hi Erwin,

I'm unfortunately still not able to open a case for this.
Next week I am luckily on vacation. The week after, I would take care of opening a case.

As soon as I have new information regarding a solution I will contact you here.

Of course you can also open a case for the problem at Citrix.
I am looking forward to your feedback.

best greetings
Alex

Archived