Welcome to our new Citrix community!

How to configure HTML5 with XenApp 7.18?

Artimus Aunos

Question

Hi All,

I'm testing to use HTML5 with XenApp 7.18, soon.  I don't sure to configure it to work in case if not install Citrix Receiver or Workspace. I have some question to below.

1. If cannot install Citrix Receiver or Workspace to Client device that user can use HTML5 or not? and it need to install any plug-in or not? because in case, user cannot install Receiver that I want to let them to use HTML5 instead.

2.  In StoreFront  that need to enable HTML5 at Receiver on Web Site and also Citrix Policy about Web Socket ,right?

3. If need to use HTML5 thru NetScaler Gateway. How can I configure NetScaler to support with HTML5.     In this case to support both Citrix Receiver or HTML5 thru NetScaler Gateway.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Hi,
My responses inline..

1. If cannot install Citrix Receiver or Workspace to Client device that user can use HTML5 or not? and it need to install any plug-in or not? because in case, user cannot install Receiver that I want to let them to use HTML5 instead.
[Shruthi] No need to install any plugins for the detection of fallback. In case of mobiles, if the native receiver is not installed then it will download ica. To be able to launch with HTML5 Workspace App in mobiles, you need to set the Manage Receiver for Web sites in Studio , to use HTML5 Receiver always.

2.  In StoreFront  that need to enable HTML5 at Receiver on Web Site and also Citrix Policy about Web Socket ,right?
[Shruthi]  Yes

3. If need to use HTML5 thru NetScaler Gateway. How can I configure NetScaler to support with HTML5.     In this case to support both Citrix Receiver or HTML5 thru NetScaler Gateway.
[Shruthi] No other extra configuration required for it to work with NetScaler.

Hi Shruthi,

I have tested to logon thru StoreFront ,directly that it's work to use HTML5 as not install Citrix Receiver but when I have connected thru NetScaler Gateway to logon that it cannot open ICA file ( not use HTML5 ) .  I have configured about http profile to enable web socket ,already but it's not work.

In case if some user do not have install Citrix Receiver and when user logon thru NetScaler Logon that  user should use HTML5 to Virtual App session except some user have Citrix Receiver that can logon normally. 

For my case if user don't have Citrix Receiver that will found ica file only to download. not use HTML5.  

Archived