Welcome to our new Citrix community!

virt-p2v HP DL380 G10

Jason King1709152542

Question

Hi All

I have 2x HP DL380 G10 identical setup and configuration (well from what I can see anyway) both are running XenServer 7.6 and I have some Windows 2012 R2 VM's running on them. On server A i can boot from CD into RedHat virt-p2v CD and convert a XenServer VM to RHV no problems, however on Server B when booting Im getting errors about "piix4_smb 0000:00:01.3: SMBus Controller not enabled" I first through problem was VM's however after exporting from Server B to A I have no problems.

Can anyone shed some light how to resolve this?

Thanks Jason

9 answers to this question

Hi Tobias,

Yes both XenServers are up to date with the same patch level. The only difference was:

On Server A I build the VM on XenServer 7.3 and then upgraded to XenServer 7.6 whereas server B was build directly on XenServer 7.6.

I think I have solved it, after doing a clean install on Server B to XenServer 7.3 and upgrading to 7.6 it is now working.

Not sure what or why this would have an impact but happy it working. Thank you.

Cheers, Jason

50 minutes ago, Jason King1709152542 said:

Hi Tobias,

Yes both XenServers are up to date with the same patch level. The only difference was:

On Server A I build the VM on XenServer 7.3 and then upgraded to XenServer 7.6 whereas server B was build directly on XenServer 7.6.

I think I have solved it, after doing a clean install on Server B to XenServer 7.3 and upgrading to 7.6 it is now working.

Not sure what or why this would have an impact but happy it working. Thank you.

Cheers, Jason

Jason,

It could have been a glitch during the install; I had that happen before with installation media that was flaky -- it worked fine, it turned out, with the installation on some servers, but not all! It took me forever to figure that out and only after I decided to start with clean installation media.

Fortunately, your systm was pretty new, hence a reinstall was probably not too much effort.

Very glad in any case that you're up and running again!

-=Tobias

Archived