Google Chrome code cache folder

Nick Casagrande1709152718

Question

7 answers to this question

I am guessing you are trying to cut down on these growing for the users whilst their sessions are running as your already excluding them at logoff?

Are you using Chrome Enterprise at all?

Chrome Enterprise comes with its own ADMX Group Policy files with tons of Chrome specific settings for you to configure. Just had a brief look through ours and there are a few settings relating to Cache & Disk Caches. 

Ah ok, just seen the updated screenshot. 

I am afraid I am may not be much help. Our users Code Cache folders in the same location seem small in comparison. 

Only other thing I can think of (which you may already have set) in the Chrome GPO's there is a setting called 'Set Disk Cache Size In Bytes' maybe if you don't already have this set give it a try and see if it considers the Code Cache folder too. 

2 hours ago, Thomas Dooley1709157758 said:

Ah ok, just seen the updated screenshot. 

I am afraid I am may not be much help. Our users Code Cache folders in the same location seem small in comparison. 

Only other thing I can think of (which you may already have set) in the Chrome GPO's there is a setting called 'Set Disk Cache Size In Bytes' maybe if you don't already have this set give it a try and see if it considers the Code Cache folder too. 

I have both media cache and disk cache gpo's set to 20mb, however they don't seem to be tied to this new code cache folder.  I've posted this on chrome forumns, we'l see if a developer responds.  

7 minutes ago, James Kindon said:

Aaron Parker has a script he is working on here to do exactly that - read through the notes on it, its under active development (Not just for FSLogix)

https://github.com/aaronparker/FSLogix/tree/master/Profile-Cleanup

Ah very cool.  It doesn't touch the folder I am referring to in my post but it's a good script.  What I learned from another message board (spiceworks) is that the "code cache" folder is used to store javascript code that Chrome uses over and over again, and there doesn't seem to be a cleanup for that stuff.  

Archived