Error modifying SDX instances Please provide valid MAC address for LA

Kitaab H

Every time i want to make a change to instance on SDX , i get an error message  Please provide valid MAC address for LA/x

I am unable to edit the configuration of the Instance unless i remove the Data Interface and add it again

UsinG SDX 12.1.50.31

• 5 months later...

I get the same problem with 12.1-53.12

This is a real pain.  You can't modify an existing SDX Instance in any way - even just something simple like renaming it or increasing memory.

MAC Address Mode is default.

Seem to have found a workaround --> in the edit Instance page, try Deleting the LA data interfaces, and then re-adding with the required VLAN tags.  You will need to do this for all of them.

• 3 months later...

Hi, i hit the same problem, fortunately, Citrix TAC provide me other workaround, change the “MAC Address Mode” to custom, change to a valid custom mac, like 02:33:33:33:33:33, and then change the “MAC Address Mode” to default again.

Fernando

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/11/2019 at 12:17 AM, Neil Burton1709152210 said:

I get the same problem with 12.1-53.12

This is a real pain.  You can't modify an existing SDX Instance in any way - even just something simple like renaming it or increasing memory.

MAC Address Mode is default.

Seem to have found a workaround --> in the edit Instance page, try Deleting the LA data interfaces, and then re-adding with the required VLAN tags.  You will need to do this for all of them.

The "required VLAN tags" limits the VLANs that connect to an instance. If one of your VPX instances needs to connect to several additional VLANs you will hit a wall.

On 12/31/2019 at 6:14 PM, Com Datos said:

Hi, i hit the same problem, fortunately, Citrix TAC provide me other workaround, change the “MAC Address Mode” to custom, change to a valid custom mac, like 02:33:33:33:33:33, and then change the “MAC Address Mode” to default again.

Fernando

This seems a less clunky workaround. Hopefully the bug is addressed soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...