Welcome to our new Citrix community!

iOS 12.2 and Secure Hub - Setting up new user and device

Daniel Dunn1709158952

Question

Hi, we have a new iPhone XR with iOS 12.2

When setting up secure hub on a device, after putting in the username and password it asks to download a configuration profile, you click allow then need to go into settings and profile to install it.

After doing this nothing happens. If I go back to the webpage it just tries to redownload the profile

Pre 12.2 it would say this website is trying to open settings, you would click allow and then it would go through the steps you needed to do.

Please let me know what I could do?

Thanks

16 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Daniel Dunn1709158952 said:

Hi, we have a new iPhone XR with iOS 12.2

When setting up secure hub on a device, after putting in the username and password it asks to download a configuration profile, you click allow then need to go into settings and profile to install it.

After doing this nothing happens. If I go back to the webpage it just tries to redownload the profile

Pre 12.2 it would say this website is trying to open settings, you would click allow and then it would go through the steps you needed to do.

Please let me know what I could do?

Thanks

Hello,

This was announced by Citrix"

"In an effort to improve platform security, earlier this year Apple announced a new workflow for end-users to manually install configuration profiles. This new workflow has been in beta testing for iOS 12.2 and may release as early next week. While current CEM enrolled users will not see a change in their experience, new manual deployments will need to navigate to Settings to manually install their configuration profiles"

Enrollment into Citrix Endpoint Management currently flows as follows:

• Openthe Secure Hubapp, select Yes, Enroll
  • Enter your credentials
  • Allow prompt stating “This website is trying to open Settings to show you a configuration profile”
  • Redirection to XenMobile Profile Servicedetails page
  • Select Install on the Management Profile details page and follow prompts to install profile•Select Done
  • Select “Open” on the “Open this page in Secure Hub” prompt
  • Automatic Redirection to Secure Hubapp to finish workflow

Thanks

Arnaud

9 minutes ago, Daniel Dunn1709158952 said:

Thanks for this,

after doing this step 

Select Install on the Management Profile details page and follow prompts to install profile•Select Done

there is nothing, I dont get this

Select “Open” on the “Open this page in Secure Hub” prompt

if i goto safari it just asks to download the profile again...

Can you try this:

• Select Close on Profile Download
  • Go in Settings
  • Select General
  • Select Profiles & Devices Management
  • Select Install
  • Enter device passcode (optional)
  • Select Install
  • Select Install
  • Select Done
  • Go to Secure hub from Home screen
  • Select Complete Enrollment

Thanks for keeping us updated on the result.

Regards

Arnaud

3 minutes ago, Daniel Dunn1709158952 said:

Thanks, these are the steps I follow, it just says please wait when I open secure hub.

I can take a video if that helps?

The fact is that this is based on Apple changes and as far as I know there is no way to avoid this.

Thanks

Arnaud

I think I have found a way, the things I needed to do extra to above were

- delete the user from Xenmobile

- Install the first profile XenMobile CA

- goto Certificate Trust Settings - enable full trust for both certs

- go back to safari and download the next profile which is MDM configuration. (it wasnt clear that there was two profiles to download from the steps above)

- goto safari and open in hub

None of this works.

We now have iPhones on 12.2 that we cant enrol.

This is a 2 part process, the first is the certificates that 'should' install with the PIN confirmation - then the MDM profile is autopulled down, again prompted by PIN confirmation.

Now we have the first part downloaded for installation, and nothing to prompt the second part for config installation.

I cant believe an organisation as large as Citrix hasn't road tested this on iOS 12.2

And as for Apple -'It just works' yeah? Yeah....

Rubbish

I have an employee at my company who's had issues getting this to work on three separate devices now (both iPhone X variants running 12.2), and has had issues.

I however, have set up about 4 individual devices running the same HW/SW without a single issue.

Anyone is free to message me if you have any questions

@RSDUNN - brilliant! I know this is a late reply to this, but we came across this starting about a month ago - this saved us. Hope it will still help somebody else.

Thank you for all of your posts - I not only understand what's going on, but install works every time.

Our SecureHub installs on newer iPhones are now seamless.

Guys - just know you have to go through sort of a 2 part step for this, and Don't Close the Safari Page. Start the install of SecureHub, once you get to the part in Safari where it says to accept/allow profile setting (something like that), yes, your Safari page is just sitting there. Leave the page open - (you have to leave this page OPEN) and go to the Settings on the iPhone (the big gray gear icon) - when you open it, you will see - RIGHT AT THE TOP - Download Profile (something like that). Do that - click on it, Install, etc. When it's Done, DON'T open a new Safari page, double click on your Home button and find the already open Safari page. Once you pull it back up, it will continue on and will download another portion, then again - ask to allow new profile setting. Do the SAME THING. Leave the PAGE OPEN. Go to your iPhone Settings again - you will AGAIN see the Download or Install Profile (something like that) again right at the top. Click on it. Let it install. When it's Done, AGAIN find the already open Safari page. When you pull it back up, it will complete your install.

Now install Secure Mail, etc. If you already messed around and it's not working - remove both of those profiles in your settings (shoot, I don't have a link to the article that tells how). But start over. This will work every time.