Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Error: The application can't start because AppVIsvSubsystems32.dll is missing from your computer

Campbell Kay

Question

Hi Guys,

Random issue with Office 365 in my layers.

i have deployed it as per the Citrix recipe.

i find my office layer will work fine for awhile, then randomly ill get this error message when opening any of the office applications

Error: The application can't start because AppVIsvSubsystems32.dll is missing from your computer

i have recreated the layer a few times and it seems to work for awhile, then again it will stop after awhile.

i am only adding the office 365 layer in as part of the layered image this is not an elastic layer.

Thanks,

Cam

4 answers to this question

App Layering machines are required to be nonpersistent, so you should go back to normal on every reboot.  Do you?  It seems odd that it would only go bad after a while.  That usually makes me think about GPOs, or AV like Rob said.  But when you say "i have recreated the layer a few times and it seems to work for awhile, then again it will stop after awhile", that sounds like once it goes bad, it stays bad even though you're rebooting the provisioned machines.  That's unexpected.

not using App-V at all, its weird that DLL does mention AppV.

yeah once it goes bad its screwed really, even after rebooting the VDA from studio, which you would think it would just revert it and would work. in some cases a normal reboot of the VDA will allow it to work.

But not all the time.

my concern is rolling this out to production then one day the VDA reboots and office doesn't work :(

the weird thing is that file actually exists on the server,  its not actually missing, so potentially something with the registration?

Archived