Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Netscaler authentication issue

I have been having some strange issues in Logging into Netscaler. I was suddenly unable to login to the netscaler with domain account, however able to login to NSROOT. When checking i found that  LDAP Server status under Configuration > Authentication Dashboard were showing RED. I just un-bind the LDAP Vservices from LDAP Vserver and add-bind again. Then the status became online and the authentication issue got fixed. Can someone help on the possible causes? 

Version of the Netscaler:  12.1.50.31

Was there a network issue at any time which could’ve prevented the Netscaler connecting to the LDAP servers? Did any gateway services stop authenticating users too or was it just a problem logging into the Netscaler itself?

It would be interesting to know if the Netscaler was still sending probes to the LDAP servers but unless you ran a capture at the time you might not have this info. 

4 minutes ago, Gregor Blaj said:

Was there a network issue at any time which could’ve prevented the Netscaler connecting to the LDAP servers? Did any gateway services stop authenticating users too or was it just a problem logging into the Netscaler itself?

It would be interesting to know if the Netscaler was still sending probes to the LDAP servers but unless you ran a capture at the time you might not have this info. 

I was just not able to login to netscaler...couldnt see any issues with network at that point. When i removed either one of the dns server from loadbalancer everything looks good. 

I did run a trace and have a logged a ticket with citrix. Nothing concrete yet.

Archived