Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix VAD 1811 Desktop Setup Wizard fails without much info on Hyper-V 2016 environment

Jeff Nichols1709158260

Question

I have a Hyper-V 2016 environment with SCVMM 2016 1801  I am running CVAD and PVS 1811.  

I am trying to use the XenDesktop Setup Wizard to deploy some Windows 10 machines without luck.   When I watch the SCVMM console, the PvsGen2 temp machine shows up, as do the machines I am trying to create.  However, after a few mins, they disappear from the console and the XDSW console just reads '10 device failed'  there are no other errors I can see.

This worked without issue a few months ago.  Things that changed are.  Went from PVS and XD 7.16 to 1811.  Its running on HyperFlex and then it was Data platform 3.0.1c and now its 3.5.2a.  Only difference I can see is that the virtual switches are now using teaming.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 answer to this question

You will have to look at the problem report and look at why the setup wizard is failing.  Have you created a new Xendesktop hosting connection and hosting resource to reflect the virtual team switch?  This is  the only thing I can think of that may cause the issue. 

Archived