Welcome to our new Citrix community!

RealTime Connector 2.7 / Office 2016 / Windows 1709 / Apps and Desktops 1811 VDA

Ben Pellant

Question

Hi all,  (couldn't find a 2.7 folder)

I have recently updated to 1811 and connector 2.7 but now the connector doesn't load.  No icon in the system tray.

having had a dig about I can see an error in the eventviewer..

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\MFC80.DLL".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC.MANIFEST" on line 5. Component identity found in manifest does not match the identity of the component requested. Reference is Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50608.0". Definition is Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762".

I assume this is is C++ related so I removed the dva and the c++ completely but after reinstall it still doesn't work.

any other ideas?

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Ben Pellant said:

Hi all,  (couldn't find a 2.7 folder)

I have recently updated to 1811 and connector 2.7 but now the connector doesn't load.  No icon in the system tray.

having had a dig about I can see an error in the eventviewer..

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\MFC80.DLL".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC.MANIFEST" on line 5. Component identity found in manifest does not match the identity of the component requested. Reference is Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50608.0". Definition is Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762".

I assume this is is C++ related so I removed the dva and the c++ completely but after reinstall it still doesn't work.

any other ideas?

Sounds like an interoperability issue with OS. Also question is why is there Receiver installed beside connector (are you using a double-hop scenario or?)

Here is what fixes 99% of these issues: 

- Uninstall connector

- Update OS (VC errors are common as there is a lot of security updates to the redistributes and newer software isn't happy with those old signatures) and Skype client to latest 

- Run Receiver clean-up utility (to get rid of Receiver on VDA)

- Reinstall connector

It should be all grand now. 

Archived