Welcome to our new Citrix community!

XD 7.15 HTML5 Video Playback from Internet Sites

Jimmy Raborn

Question

When we're using our internal video resources, the Citrix HTML5 player is used and everything works well but when our users access external sites like YouTube we get clear audio clear images but the playback is very choppy. I have our video settings in one policy, a screen shot is attached. I recently added the white list because of an older blog post from 2017. That link is at the bottom of this post but it hasn't helped. Any suggestions? Am I missing a setting or am I stepping on some policies toes with what I have set?

XD 7.15 LTSR cu 3 

Receiver LTSR  4.9.4000.9

Dell Wyse clients, firmware 2.6._013

https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2017/11/06/html5-multimedia-redirection-state-of-the-union/

CaptureHTML5.PNG

5 answers to this question

Can you please let me know following:

• The spec of the client machines and what servers your running the Citrix VMs from back end?
  • Are you Windows 10 on the Citrix desktops?
  • Have you tested any other sites than YouTube at the moment?
  • Are you dead set at re-directing to the client or if we can get web video smooth using the servers resources would that be acceptable? 

On 4/5/2019 at 10:17 AM, Thomas Dooley1709157758 said:

Can you please let me know following:

• The spec of the client machines and what servers your running the Citrix VMs from back end?
  • Are you Windows 10 on the Citrix desktops?
  • Have you tested any other sites than YouTube at the moment?
  • Are you dead set at re-directing to the client or if we can get web video smooth using the servers resources would that be acceptable? 

I would be interested to know the info you were planning on sharing if you are still able to? I would be interested in any improvements/optimisations that can be made for video.

My understanding is that redirection of YouTube etc is not possible, because you do not have control of the site to tag it appropriatly for HTML5 redirection to client. This only works with 'internal' sites where you have such control. I understand that in newer versions of Citrix above 7.16 you can use a different method to achieve the same results, but as we are on 7.15CU4 we can't do this currently.