Welcome to our new Citrix community!

XenMobile 10.09 SecureWeb with Proxy

Question

Hi all,

we have some issues with secureweb an our proxy.

We have set up a LoadBalancer for our proxy on our NetScaler. Background we have two Proxy Forwarder (Linux Server) in the internal DMZ. They should forward the traffic to the internal proxy.

To use the proxy, traffic policys are used. These point to the loadbalancer.

We get the message "HTTP/1.1 Gateway Timeout" in SecureWeb.

In the old XenMobile/SecureWeb versions there was the possibility of complete vpn tunnel and secure browse.  Which mode must be used to talk about a traffic policy with the proxy ?

Greetings
Alex

UPDATE

We had an issue in traffic policy profile configuration. The Destination port was incorrect, after editing that everything works.

Now we have another issue... we want to allow only https sites... 

We solved that by limiting the traffic policy to 443.

no distinction should be made here between internal and external pages. The problem is if you type for example google.de into the address bar you get an error message, because secureweb is set to http by default and that will be blocked. 

Is there a possibility that entries in the address line are automatically searched at https://googel.de ?

best regards

Alex

7 answers to this question

On 26.4.2019 at 11:39 PM, Alessandro Miotto Marques1709152314 said:

Thanks to share.

We're planning to set traffic policies to proxy Secure Web in a customer here.

They are using Full VPN on MDX settings now, do you have any refer that explain how to create traffic policies to this scenario?

Thanks!

Hi Alessandro,

here is a guide for setting up traffic policys for secureweb.

https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2015/07/29/mobility-experts-xenmobile-worxweb-traffic-through-proxy-server-in-securebrowse-mode/

best regards

Alex

1 hour ago, Alexander Koch1709157616 said:

Hi Alessandro,

here is a guide for setting up traffic policys for secureweb.

https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2015/07/29/mobility-experts-xenmobile-worxweb-traffic-through-proxy-server-in-securebrowse-mode/

best regards

Alex

Hi Alex.

Did you use names like WorxMail and WorxWeb or the newer names when did you create the policy expressions in NS?

Thank you

Alessandro

8 minutes ago, Alessandro Miotto Marques1709152314 said:

Hi Alex.

Did you use names like WorxMail and WorxWeb or the newer names when did you create the policy expressions in NS?

Thank you

Alessandro

Hi Alessandro,

please use the names WorxMail and WorxWeb like in the guide.

I think with other Names the Policys doesnt work.

The guide is a little bit older, but works fine. We have also policys with WorxMail and WorxWeb in it.

best regards

Alex

4 hours ago, Alexander Koch1709157616 said:

Hi Alessandro,

please use the names WorxMail and WorxWeb like in the guide.

I think with other Names the Policys doesnt work.

The guide is a little bit older, but works fine. We have also policys with WorxMail and WorxWeb in it.

best regards

Alex

Hi Alexander.

Thank you!

It worked, but I did need to add the policies expressions above to proxy Android devices:

add vpn trafficPolicy policy_ProxyHttp "(REQ.HTTP.HEADER User-Agent CONTAINS Mozilla || REQ.HTTP.HEADER User-Agent CONTAINS com.citrix.browser.droid || REQ.HTTP.HEADER User-Agent CONTAINS com.citrix.browser || REQ.HTTP.HEADER User-Agent CONTAINS WorxWeb) && REQ.TCP.DESTPORT == 80" Traffic_Profile_Http_Https

add vpn trafficPolicy policy_ProxyHttps "(REQ.HTTP.HEADER User-Agent CONTAINS Mozilla || REQ.HTTP.HEADER User-Agent CONTAINS com.citrix.browser.droid || REQ.HTTP.HEADER User-Agent CONTAINS com.citrix.browser || REQ.HTTP.HEADER User-Agent CONTAINS WorxWeb) && REQ.TCP.DESTPORT == 443" Traffic_Profile_Http_Https

15 hours ago, Alessandro Miotto Marques1709152314 said:

Hi Alexander.

Thank you!

It worked, but I did need to add the policies expressions above to proxy Android devices:

add vpn trafficPolicy policy_ProxyHttp "(REQ.HTTP.HEADER User-Agent CONTAINS Mozilla || REQ.HTTP.HEADER User-Agent CONTAINS com.citrix.browser.droid || REQ.HTTP.HEADER User-Agent CONTAINS com.citrix.browser || REQ.HTTP.HEADER User-Agent CONTAINS WorxWeb) && REQ.TCP.DESTPORT == 80" Traffic_Profile_Http_Https

add vpn trafficPolicy policy_ProxyHttps "(REQ.HTTP.HEADER User-Agent CONTAINS Mozilla || REQ.HTTP.HEADER User-Agent CONTAINS com.citrix.browser.droid || REQ.HTTP.HEADER User-Agent CONTAINS com.citrix.browser || REQ.HTTP.HEADER User-Agent CONTAINS WorxWeb) && REQ.TCP.DESTPORT == 443" Traffic_Profile_Http_Https

Hi Alessandro,

I'm glad to hear the guide was helpful.
do you have an article about the two steps you had to set up for Android ?

This was not known to me yet.
Before you set it up SecureWeb only worked properly on iOS and Android failed ?

best regards

Alex

7 hours ago, Alexander Koch1709157616 said:

Hi Alessandro,

I'm glad to hear the guide was helpful.
do you have an article about the two steps you had to set up for Android ?

This was not known to me yet.
Before you set it up SecureWeb only worked properly on iOS and Android failed ?

best regards

Alex

Hi Alex,

We just tested with Android, and without "REQ.HTTP.HEADER User-Agent CONTAINS com.citrix.browser.droid" it didn't work.

Thank you!

Alessandro Marques