Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Adding a vlan to Configuration/Hosting

John Litster

Question

when setting up the virtual apps/desktop environment, I missed one of the Vlans when setting up connection and resources.

I am able to add it manually as a second Connection, but I'd prefer to have all teh vlans in teh same connection.

I have talked with support about this and they have been zero help.  Its been a full week and they have not done anything.   1 email per day is not going to work, especially when I have to repeat myself.

in powershell, I enter:

asnp Citrix*

dir XDHyp:\HostingUnits 

cd XDHyp:\HostingUnits

PS XDHyp:\hostingunits> dir *.network | Add-HypHostingUnitNetwork -LiteralPath XDHyp:\HostingUnits\MyHostingUnit

and hit return.   I do not get any error messages.  Nothing in teh even viewer, and powershell acts as if it completed the command without issue.   Yet the new vlan is not included.

Anybody else have any idea??

I am on version 1811

1 answer to this question

This has been fixed.    The issue was the syntax for the command

XDHyp:\HostingUnits\MyHostingUnit>dir *.network | Add-HypHostingUnitNetwork -LiteralPath XDHyp:\HostingUnits\MyHostingUnit

I exited powershell and started the process

asnp Citrix*

dir XDHyp:\HostingUnits 

cd XDHyp:\HostingUnits

cd <name of my connector>

dir *.network | Add-HypHostingUnitNetwork -LiteralPath XDHyp:\HostingUnits\<name of my connector>

there were errors as it was scrolling trhough, but those errors were saing that the vlan name already existed.    It did not error when it got to teh valn that was new.

Upon looking at the vlans in teh gui interface, i could now see teh new vlan.   all is good.

Archived