Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Windows: Citrix Gateway - End-point checking could not be launched

Daniel Grant

Question

Currently have a issue on our HA NetScaler NS12.1: Build 49.37.nc setup which is not present on our standalone NetScaler NS12.1: Build 49.37.nc.

Issue:

When a Windows clients from win 7 to 10 atempt to connect to the SLLVPN via the portal or by the Gateway Application, after authentication is complete they are presented with the error message "End-point checking could not be launched".

Doesn't matter if the end user goes via the web portal or by the Citrix Gateway application they both end up failing.

Client Version: 12.1.49.37

System Info: Win 10 64bit build 16299

Client log nssslvpn:

10:59:15.690 | DEBUG   | GET epatype returned: 403
10:59:15.690 | DEBUG   | ns_HTTPrequest return value is: -7
10:59:15.690 | ERROR   | ns_start_epa | 761 | Error while checking EPA type
10:59:15.690 | DEBUG   | ns_start_epa returning End-point checking could not be launched.
10:59:15.690 | DEBUG   | num_mallocPolicyBuffer=0
10:59:15.690 | EVENT   | EPA check finished : Error while running EPA scans 
10:59:21.659 | DEBUG   | OnAPIMessage: wParam 1002 lParam 1002

We have 3 session poliocy which the EPA uses to validate the incoming client 

Windows - CLIENT.APPLICATION(ANTIVIR_195000) EXISTS
MacOS - CLIENT.APPLICATION('MAC-ANTIVIR_8001_VIRDEF-FILE-TIME_<_7200[COMMENT: Sophos Anti-Virus]') EXISTS
Linux - CLIENT.APPLICATION.PROCESS(savscand) EXISTS

These have all been working fine prior to us upgrading to version 12.1.49.37 on our HA setup. 

the same settings and policies are on our standalone and is working like a charm.

Troubleshooting Performed:

- Rebooted client

- Reinstalled client software

- failed over nodes

- rebooted nodes

- compared settings against working vpn

- checked Firewall client and sevrer side

- Disabeld client Firewall

- Connected using the same client to secondary site with no issue, portal and applicaion

Only affecting Windows clients at this stage as both Mac and linux clients are connecting fine.

Any suggestions or extra troubleshooting steps welcomed

Regards,.

Daniel

citrixvpnEPA.png

2 answers to this question

Installed EPA and Gateway on a windows 7 clean install and was presented with two JavaScript error messages that where appearing at logon. 

Script Error, An Error has occurred in the script on this page

URL: res://c:\programs files\citrix\secure Access Client\nsload.exe /util.js

and

URL: file:///c:/Users/%username%/AppData/local/citrix/AGEE/remoteaccessvpn_com_au/windows.VPN.environment.js

Knowing that I have done some customisations to the theme we were using and that it is using alot of JavaScript, I changed the theme back to the default Citrix theme and my issue disappeared from all windows clients after uninstalling and reinstalling the clients. 

My Customised theme was taken from the RfWebUI and had our corproate colours, logo and an alteration to hide a 2nd password field, used for allowing expired passwords to be changed at logon.

See Attached for error message, Hopefully this helps others when troubleshooting.

Going forward, future troubleshooting will involve revert to the default theme as step one. 

NetscalerVPNThemeError1.PNG

NetScalerVPNThemeError.png

• Like 1
On 3/19/2019 at 6:59 AM, Daniel Grant said:

Installed EPA and Gateway on a windows 7 clean install and was presented with two JavaScript error messages that where appearing at logon. 

Script Error, An Error has occurred in the script on this page

URL: res://c:\programs files\citrix\secure Access Client\nsload.exe /util.js

and

URL: file:///c:/Users/%username%/AppData/local/citrix/AGEE/remoteaccessvpn_com_au/windows.VPN.environment.js

Knowing that I have done some customisations to the theme we were using and that it is using alot of JavaScript, I changed the theme back to the default Citrix theme and my issue disappeared from all windows clients after uninstalling and reinstalling the clients. 

My Customised theme was taken from the RfWebUI and had our corproate colours, logo and an alteration to hide a 2nd password field, used for allowing expired passwords to be changed at logon.

See Attached for error message, Hopefully this helps others when troubleshooting.

Going forward, future troubleshooting will involve revert to the default theme as step one. 

NetscalerVPNThemeError1.PNG

NetScalerVPNThemeError.png

Same issue we are also facing on windows 7 but on windows 10 its working fine... Please suggest.