Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Error: Cannot complete your request

I had an issue last week where an SSL certificate had expired on our Storefront servers and no applications were appearing in citrix receiver. I had to get another certificate, install it on the 1st storefront server that has IIS installed and then binded the cert on the 2nd storefront server.

Something apparently happened over the weekend and now the Receiver is returning "Cannot complete your request"

I see the errors below on the storefront server. I also do not see the broker ID any longer when I run "wmic product list"

Failed to run discovery
Citrix.Web.DeliveryServicesProxy.ConfigLoader.DiscoveryServiceException, ReceiverWebConfigLoader, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
An error occured while contacting the Discovery Service
   at Citrix.Web.DeliveryServicesProxy.ConfigLoader.Discovery.AppendConfigurationFromDiscoveryService(WebReceiverConfigSection section)
   at Citrix.Web.DeliveryServicesProxy.ConfigLoader.Discovery.RunDiscovery(WebReceiverConfigSection configSection)
   at Citrix.Web.Proxy.Filters.DiscoveryComplete.OnAuthorization(AuthorizationContext filterContext)

An error occurred while trying to list the authentication protocols supported on the Receiver StoreFront authentication server using the given challenge.
System.NullReferenceException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=000000000000
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Citrix.Web.AuthControllers.Controllers.AuthBaseController.EnumerateProtocolChoices(CitrixAuthChallenge challenge)

An error occurred during authentication.
System.NullReferenceException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=000000000000
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
AuthenticationControllerRequestUrl:
   at Citrix.Web.AuthControllers.Controllers.AuthBaseController.EnumerateProtocolChoices(CitrixAuthChallenge challenge)
   at Citrix.Web.AuthControllers.Controllers.FederatedAuthBaseController.Login(IClaimsPrincipal claimsPrincipal)

I got the discovery issue fixed. Apparently the SSL Cert in IIS was set to not assigned.

I took a look at the app servers certificate stores and the new certificate is there, but the expired one was also there

I deleted the expired certificate, now get this...

The Citrix SSL server you have selected is not accepting connections

• 8 months later...
On 3/11/2019 at 6:52 PM, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

You can also enable loopback in StoreFront - go to StoreFront Console > Stores > right-click your store > Manage Receiver for Web sites > Configure > Advanced Settings, and set the third row for loopback to OnUsingHttp.

This is correct , it works for me