Welcome to our new Citrix community!

How do we stop Citrix Receiver from adding desktop icons

Jan Paolo Go

Question

Hello,

How can we stop Citrix Receiver from adding desktop icons?

I've tried the following but nothing seemed to work

- changing registry values in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Citrix\Dazzle

- PutShortcutsInStartMenu to false

- PutShortcutsOnDesktop to false

Maybe it's this one but the checkbox is disabled.

image.thumb.png.d1d816c7afb8a7c05c5ccd3e65e3cb20.png

Appreciate any help! :)

Thank you,

Jan

6 answers to this question

I've got the same question as well but with the Workspace App. I'm installing as follows:

@echo off
pushd %~dp0
CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe ADDLOCAL=ReceiverInside,ICA_Client,AM,SELFSERVICE,DesktopViewer,Flash,Vd3d,WebHelper,BrowserEngine
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\Dazzle" /v PutShortcutsOnDesktop /t REG_SZ /d "False" /f
reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Citrix\Dazzle" /v PutShortcutOnDesktop /t REG_SZ /d "False" /f
popd
pause

But the desktop shortcuts/icons are still created. I keep my desktop very clean so this is pretty annoying.

This is the so called "per App"-Setting.

This setting takes higher precedence than your Receiver-settings.

StoreFront Mandatory-Store + "per App" setting + "PutShortcutsOnDesktop=False":

If the key "PutShortcutsOnDesktop" (or respectively the appropriate setting in Receiver-ADMX) is set to False, then you get ALL shortcuts of your PAs, where the "per-App" setting is set published on the clients-desktop.

I was very ... lets say disappointed ... about that too. Find some more details here:

https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/379036-receiver-441000-i-do-not-want-desktop-icons-or-start-menu-icons-help/

We recently had a citrix support case open as we wanted the desktop shortcuts for one deployment and not the other without creating separate published applications. We ended up configuring the receiver gpo to put the icons in a folder called "citrix" and then we used Ivanti environment manager to set the folder to hidden. Works great in our non-persistent environment where the users can't change folder options.