Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Searching a "best practice" for MCS & KMS (1811)

Kim Sancken

Question

Hi there ,

i have tried to find a best practice for MCS & KMS, but i found only old Informations or something for PVS.
The target environment is CITRIX MCS 1811 with Windows Server 2016 and VMWARE.

Is there someone who has a sustainable solution? 

Thanks for your Help

3 answers to this question

Hi,

I don't know of any special considerations when using anything above 7.12 regarding MCS. You just configure the KMS host for Office (cscript ospp.vbs /sethst:<hostname>) and Windows (cscript slmgr.vbs /skms <hostname>) in your golden image and you're done. The re-arm is carried out by the temporary image preparation VM in the background that is generated and deleted each time you update a MCS based catalog. There is no need to do anything extra.

Regards

23 hours ago, Christoph Sinabell said:

Hi,

I don't know of any special considerations when using anything above 7.12 regarding MCS. You just configure the KMS host for Office (cscript ospp.vbs /sethst:<hostname>) and Windows (cscript slmgr.vbs /skms <hostname>) in your golden image and you're done. The re-arm is carried out by the temporary image preparation VM in the background that is generated and deleted each time you update a MCS based catalog. There is no need to do anything extra.

Regards

the simple way of life, works how it should. thanks a lot :)

Archived