Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Terminal Server Grace Period once more

Egor Nikishin

Question

Hello everyone!

I made POC XenDesk 7.15 LTSR environment.

Everything seems working, and i see my Win2012R2 servers are properly licensed on my TS license server.

When i run TS grace period check with command

wmic /namespace:\\root\CIMV2\TerminalServices PATH Win32_TerminalServiceSetting WHERE (__CLASS !="") CALL GetGracePeriodDays

i get 116 days left.

I wonder if my servers are still in grace period or not?

I know about GracePeriod\Timebomb registry key, and i tried to delete it on my golden image server, but it recreates again after first rdp connect.

Could someone suggest me a proper way to check weather my servers will not stop accepting connection afters 116 days, because once a had this issue in my previous company and still don't understand a proper way of dealing with this situation.

3 answers to this question

Hello leoronnie !

My idea that when i installed TS, i didn't set TS Licensing server. After that i logged via rdp, and timebomb key was created and my ts fell in grace period.  After that i pointed my TS on correct TS license server, but Timebomb reg key still existed after that.

Answering your question - yes, in that reg key i have correct values pointing to my working TS license server now.

My quess that even after pointing your TS to correct TS license server grace period still counting. After it ends (if you set TS licensing server correctly) your TS simply continue to operate in normal way, despite the command wmic /namespace:\\root\CIMV2\TerminalServices PATH Win32_TerminalServiceSetting WHERE (__CLASS !="") CALL GetGracePeriodDays shows you 0 days left.

For precaution i just deleted reg key Timebomb once after i pointed my TS on correct TS licensing server on my golden image. Command show that i have 119 days left, but i hope that after that period my server continues to work.

Archived