Welcome to our new Citrix community!

2 Sites 2 ADC - Connect to local storefront server

Minesh Mistry

Was wonder if you can help.  I would like the user to connect the local storefront server depending on what site they are on.

I would like the user to enter storefront.domain.local and be redirected to local storefront loadbancer

I was thinking of setting up content switching virtual server to redirect users to the local storefront loadbancer but am unsure how to do this and what expression to use, can you please help?

Infor:

Am trying to keep the sites as separate as possible

If a user is on SiteA I would like them to go to storefront loadbancer on ADC on SiteA

If a user is on SiteB I would like them to go to storefront loadbancer on ADC on SiteB

I have setup

ADC- SiteA

StorefrontA Load balance setup and working on 192.168.2. 7

Storefront group url: Storefront.domain.local

VPN connection between two

ADC - SiteB

StorefrontB Load balance setup and working on 192.168.3. 7

Storefront group url: Storefront.domain.local

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for late reply

I've got GSLB working internal as per your link.  (I skipped out Geo Database as it only internal)

Is there anything extra I need to do so the user is redirected to local storefront load balancer? Am guessing RTT Method in the GSLB would do this?

Thanks

Depends on latency differences between your DNS Servers and the GSLB Services.

You can also import the static database and then create Custom Entries for internal subnets. But keep in mind that the internal subnets are the address of the DNS server, not the clients. This works best if clients are configured with DNS servers in their local datacenter instead of a central DNS servers.

I usually normally don't care which StoreFront server is chosen because the traffic is minimal. For Gateway connections, I use HDX Optimal Gateway to send ICA Traffic through the Gateway that is closest to the VDA machine.

• 6 months later...