Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Question

Hi all,

i have a question.

I hope someone can help me.

I already installed the Citrix Studio 7.15 on my local workstation.

The Citrix Studio is connected to our back-end server and i can see all machines which have the VDA installed.

Now i would like to check the VDA Version of all machines in our network from PowerShell, but i get an error message!

I added the Citrix Modul with:    Add-PSSnapin Citrix*

I checked the running Citrix services of the back-end server, and i can see that there are some services running which do not exist on my local workstation with Citrix Studio 7.15

Services.

PowerShell Error Message on my local workstation:

Get-BrokerDesktop -PublishedName CitrixTestMachine
Get-BrokerDesktop : Failed to connect to back-end server 'localhost' on port 80 using binding WSHttp. The server may be off-line or may not be running the appropriate service
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-BrokerDesktop -PublishedName vm-cittest-7
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [Get-BrokerDesktop], SdkOperationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Citrix.XDPowerShell.Broker.NoServerErrorId,Citrix.Broker.Admin.SDK.GetBrokerDesktopCommand

PowerShell on back-end server is runnig properly.

"Get-BrokerDesktop -PublishedName CitrixTestMachine" shows me all information i need about the VDA. 

Do i need to connect to the Database (SQL) Server to be able to see the result of Get-BrokerDesktop?

How can i check the VDA Version of a machine and how can i connect to the back-end server ?

8 answers to this question

Hi all,

any suggestion to my question? :-)

I am getting this error message on my local machine where Citrix Studio 7.15 is installed.

We also have a Citrix Front-End Server and Back-End Server with connection to its associated SQL (Citrix) Database.

"Get-BrokerDesktop" is working properly on the Back-End Server´s PowerShell.

"Get-BrokerDesktop" is not working from my local machine.

Connect-To-BackendServer.jpg