Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Icon & Web Cache - Windows 10

Simon Dewhurst

Question

Hi team,

I am looking at options to reduce my Windows 10 1709 UPM profile size and wondering if anyone has played with excluding the following location, I thought I would ask before delving to much into testing as it might be a no go zone!.

iconcache_XX.db & thumbcache_XX.db

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\

Cheers.

3 answers to this question

Hi @Simon Dewhurst, is it just the above folders you are looking to exclude? Or are you looking to exclude the webcache location too? Under AppData\local\microsoft\windows\webcache. The only reason I ask is that we have found that excluding this location affects user experience. Here is an interesting blog that gives you a fuller explanation: https://www.avanite.com/blog/end-user-computing-and-web-browsing

8 hours ago, Liza Nolan said:

Hi @Simon Dewhurst, is it just the above folders you are looking to exclude? Or are you looking to exclude the webcache location too? Under AppData\local\microsoft\windows\webcache. The only reason I ask is that we have found that excluding this location affects user experience. Here is an interesting blog that gives you a fuller explanation: https://www.avanite.com/blog/end-user-computing-and-web-browsing

Hello,

Thanks for the comment and information - I have since decided not to excluded the webcache as during my testing I found un-desirable results for the users which is similar to what your article describes.

Cheers.

On 04/03/2019 at 11:53 PM, Simon Dewhurst said:

Hello,

Thanks for the comment and information - I have since decided not to excluded the webcache as during my testing I found un-desirable results for the users which is similar to what your article describes.

Cheers.

Hi Simon, 

You're welcome. Have you found a way to reduce your profile sizes yet, as I know this was the reason you had posted originally?

Archived