Welcome to our new Citrix community!

This host does not appear to have any hard disks - xenserver 7.6 error

Chaitanya k1709152565

Question

Hi,

I am trying to test xenserver 7.6 (and xenserver 7.0) and installing it in vmware workstation (only for testing). I got seagate hard disk (1 TB) in my machine. When I boot xenserver 7.6 for installation, it throws an error, "This host does not appear to have any hard disks. If it exists install driver...... ". I checked xenserver hcl and xenserver 6.2 was listed for seagate. I downloaded xenserver 6.2 ISO, but it says booting from cd rom failed. It doesnt even go to installation part. Can someone please help me here? 

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Thanks a ton Tobias. While installing i selected guest operating system as vmware esxi. I have seen lot of articles on internet installing xenserver in same way. So, tried it and ended up in the error. This time i selected linux and 3.X kernel version 64 bit and it worked. 

For others trying out like me: In vm cpu settings, enable "virtualize intel vt-x....."  and "virtualize cpu performance counters" also. choose linux as your guest os and 3.x kernel 64 bit.

On 2/15/2019 at 11:05 AM, Chaitanya k1709152565 said:

Thanks a ton Tobias. While installing i selected guest operating system as vmware esxi. I have seen lot of articles on internet installing xenserver in same way. So, tried it and ended up in the error. This time i selected linux and 3.X kernel version 64 bit and it worked. 

For others trying out like me: In vm cpu settings, enable "virtualize intel vt-x....."  and "virtualize cpu performance counters" also. choose linux as your guest os and 3.x kernel 64 bit.

Thank you dear, it worked with linux and 3.X kernel version 64