Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Simple method to place a Published desktop on one monitor (where there are 2 monitors).

PAUL COE

Question

OK, so sound simple eh?

Launch Published Desktop (it goes full screen over 2 monitors, but I only want it on one monitor so I can still use the local desktop on the other monitor), I then spend a minute or two fiddling with the recevier settings 'Resize Session' trying to get the published Desktop onto one of the 2 monitors in full screen. This happens every morning and every time I need to reconnect to the Desktop.

This has become an annoyance over a long period of time. Is there some Zen / Jedi magic that can prevent this stupidity from occurring every day?

I'm currently using Receiver 4.12, in the hope it would overcome the problem.

Thanks 

2 answers to this question

As long as you follow these steps, it should remember that you only want your published Desktop on one of the two displays...

• Make sure you are NOT connected to any published Desktop and that there are no existing published Desktops session in a disconnected state
  • Physically disconnect the cable to the monitor that you do NOT wish your published Desktop to run on
  • On the remaining monitor, establish a published Desktop connection and switch to full screen mode, then within the published Desktop go to Start -> Log off
  • Once the published Desktop logs off, reconnect the second monitor
  • Reconnect to your published Desktop and you should find that it runs full screen on only the one monitor and retains that settings between reboots