Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Route Internal site through Netscaler Gateway

Nishith Gupta

Currently I have a single site for Internal as well NetScaler Gateway. Let's say Citrix.externaldomain.com.

I want to have a separate site for Internal users. Here are the scenarios that I want to explore, please help me choose one or suggest something else.

1. Change the Base URL to citrix.internaldomain.com. Configure split DNS - Create A record for citrix.internaldomain.com with the IP of NetScaler Gateway Virtual Server. This is the same NetScaler Gateway that is serving to external users where Public IP is Nated to Gateway IP.
    • When I do this, I see two problems - 1. Passthrough to Storefront doesn't work, 2. After logging into storefront page, I get an error message "Your logon has expired. Please log on again to continue" and then it doesn't work. Why the error message and why passthrough is not working?
  2. Change the Base URL to citrix.internaldomain.com. Create a new Gateway on the NetScaler. Create A record in DNS for citrix.internaldomain.com with IP of new Gateway virtual server. Sounds ridiculous to me but is it possible? If not, why?
  3. Change the Base URL to citrix.internaldomain.com. Create a Load balancing Virtual server for Storefront Server on NetScaler. Create A record in DNS for citrix.internaldomain.com with Local balancing Virtual Server's IP. This is very unlikely because Customer wants to route the traffic through Gateway.

• 4 weeks later...

why not use optimal gateway routing with storefront for the inside users? 

accessgateway.externaldomain.com, resolves to external access gateway

storefront.internaldomain.com, resolves to storefront

use instructions here to modify,

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/storefront/current-release/multi-site-stores/optimal-gateway-feature.html

that will force connections through storefront to also access accessgateway.externaldomain.com. 

Archived