Welcome to our new Citrix community!

WEM - mapping network drive with %variable%

Milan Jesberger1709160131

Question

hi, i'm trying to convert gpp's into WEM , our corporate drive mapping utilizes %variable% in location which gets it's value from LDAP query using extensionAttribute2 value. if user extensionAttribute2=fileserver1 than the location should resolve to \\fileserver1\groupdir.

image.thumb.png.302db9a52d14943dd4edbcb76696f6c2.pngimage.png.9274f89e4a42848841db57a2e5994f0f.png  

can WEM work with such setup? all of my attempts failed so far. has anyone had luck setting this up?

thx

6 answers to this question

Hi - As per your message, try it this way

in WEM - create an environmental variable. Give it a Name, Description and then set your Variable name as GROUPDIR set the value as [ADAttribute:extensionAttribute2]

Then create a drive mapping action and specify the path as the variable %GROUPDIR%

This is assumes that your extensionAttribute2 value is something like \\Server\Share

You can play around with the values as required

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Carlos Vilardell1709161700 said:

Hi James, 

I'm trying to configure more or less the same but using the SID attribute from the user account : [ADAttribute:SID] without success to put it into a registry key. Do you know what it can happen? Is it a must to have the powershell module ActiveDirectory enabled into the client where I want to get it working?

Thanks in advance,

use the exact attribute name objectSid