Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Adding a XenServer host to Citrix Studio Invalid Connection Address

Richard Otto

Question

Hi,

Anybody any idea why I can't add a connection/resource (XenServer) in Citrix Studio? As soon as I add the http://x.x.x.x address enter the credentials and a connection name, it says 

Error Id: XDDS:4F7BC3F6

Exception:
    Citrix.Orchestration.Base.LogicModels.Exceptions.ScriptException Invalid connection address. Check that the address is valid and that it references a host in the Citrix Hypervisor pool.
       at Citrix.Orchestration.Base.PowerShellInteraction.CmdletExecutionMethods.CreateException[T](ICommonLog logger, ExecutionResults`1 results, ICmdletExecutionHost host)
       at Citrix.Orchestration.Base.PowerShellInteraction.CmdletExecutionMethods.Execute[T](ISdkCmdlet`1 sdkCmd, ICmdletExecutionHost host, Boolean allowFailover)
       at Citrix.Orchestration.Base.PowerShellSdk.HypervisorService.Scripts.EditHypervisorConnectionScript.RunScript()
       at Citrix.Orchestration.Base.PowerShellInteraction.PowerShellScript`1.Run()
       at Citrix.Console.Hypervisors.UI.Pages.HypervisorDetailsPageViewModelBase.ValidatePage()
       at Citrix.Console.CommonControls.Wizard.PageContainerViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<ValidateAndMoveToPage>b__0()

DesktopStudio_ErrorId : ConnectionAddressInvalid
    Sdk Error Message : The supplied connection address is invalid. Check that it exists and is part of the same pool as the connection.
    Sdk Error ID : Citrix.XDPowerShell.HostStatus.ConnectionAddressInvalid,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetItemCommand
    ErrorCategory : NotSpecified
    DesktopStudio_PowerShellHistory : Update Connection 'test'
    16-1-2019 11:16:22

image.thumb.png.2a33e51859d31aba2d185c68c2ac4d92.png

I've searched (or rather google did) the internet with the Error Id: XDDS:4F7BC3F6 but no hits...

We are using Citrix Studio 1808 and Xenserver 7.6

I also tried a FQDN name but it gives the same error. I am not sure if I need to change something on the host or something else.

Servers are all in the same subnet btw...

Any help?

Thanks!

Richard

3 answers to this question

Hi Rick, 

Do you have any more hosts already configured ? You can run the this query to check basically if connection object has the correct addresses of those and is returning them correctly. 

Get-HypXenServerAddress -LiteralPath 'xdhyp:\connections

Also, if there is any faulty host already present, can you clear that and try recreating a new one again ? 

Regards,

Krishna

22 hours ago, Krishna Desai said:

Hi Rick, 

Do you have any more hosts already configured ? You can run the this query to check basically if connection object has the correct addresses of those and is returning them correctly. 

Get-HypXenServerAddress -LiteralPath 'xdhyp:\connections

Also, if there is any faulty host already present, can you clear that and try recreating a new one again ? 

Regards,

Krishna

Hi, no this was my first connection/server adding try...

Archived