Jump to content
Welcome to our new Citrix community!
  • 0

How to enable "browser content redirection" in XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR CU3


Question

I would like to enable "Browser content redirection" published Dec 12 2018 for our XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR CU3.

In the documentation I've found, that after upgrading the farm to 7.15 CU3 this can be enabled via Citrix policies:

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/policies/reference/ica-policy-settings/browser-content-redirection-policy-settings.html

 

But in our environment, I can't find the option as described above (see screenshot)

 

 

BCR_policy.png

Link to comment

17 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
On 12/28/2018 at 2:46 PM, Jens Strohschnitter1709152492 said:

Yep, found it - it's in die GPO not in the Studio. Thanks so much.

You can either control BCR from the admx template, or directly via HKLM regkeys on the VDA itself.

But not from Studio, since that required changes to it and we didn't want to modify anything on the LTSR. 

 

How did it go Jens, were you able to redirect successfully your website? 

 

 

 

Link to comment
  • 0
On 5.1.2019 at 2:56 PM, Fernando Klurfan1709153904 said:

>You can either control BCR from the admx template, or directly via HKLM regkeys on the VDA itself.

>But not from Studio, since that required changes to it and we didn't want to modify anything on the LTSR. 

>

>How did it go Jens, were you able to redirect successfully your website? 

 

On 5.1.2019 at 2:56 PM, fernandok said:

Yes! It works with GPO to redirect the websites. Thank you for your request!

 

 

Link to comment
  • 0
On 5.1.2019 at 2:56 PM, Fernando Klurfan1709153904 said:

>You can either control BCR from the admx template, or directly via HKLM regkeys on the VDA itself.

>But not from Studio, since that required changes to it and we didn't want to modify anything on the LTSR. 

>

>How did it go Jens, were you able to redirect successfully your website? 

 

On 5.1.2019 at 2:56 PM, fernandok said:

Yes! It works with GPO to redirect the websites. Thank you for your request!

 

 

Link to comment
  • 0
3 hours ago, Kai Pauli1709152916 said:

ive noticed that only the default CR youtube.com/* works 

 

other sites defined in GPOs are not working

 

restart the Services under Point 4 of the Troubleshooting Guide does not helped

 

If you are using GPO,

can you confirm that the regkeys described here are getting populated?

 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\HdxMediastream 

WebBrowserRedirection

WebBrowserRedirectionAcl

WebBrowserRedirectionAuthenticationSites

 

Youtube will work because it is whitelisted by default, but in your case it seems like the GPO is not applying in the VDAs.

Link to comment
  • 0

Hi Fernandok,

 

first thanks for our fast replies.

 

-> iam checking if the GPOs will be applied correctly.

 

the reg keys:

 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\HdxMediastream 

WebBrowserRedirection

WebBrowserRedirectionAcl

WebBrowserRedirectionAuthenticationSites

 

will not getting populated. 

 

--> ive created that manually under this hive but without any effect. <---

 

---- 

 

The WebSocketService is running on the VDA

 

image.thumb.png.653b0c7dc2b7e0e18cd6c8f8e9ccc1e9.png

 

but on the clientside no HDXBrowser is running

 

image.thumb.png.09dd9d703e75642eef5a2959b6514c60.png

 

Endpoint is Win 7 x64 with Workspace App 1905

 

 

Link to comment
  • 0

confirm that BCR in generell works with the components 7.15 CU3

 

HDXBrowser.exe comes up on the Endclient etc.

 

but how have to be the websites listet in the WebBrowserRedirectionAcl?

 

in one line, comma seperated like this:

 

https://www.example.com/*https://example.com/*

 

or from top to down like this

 

https://www.example.com/*

https://example.com/*

 

ive used the second one like in the docs described, but it looks that the second line will be ignored, because BCR works not with the second URL

 

 

 

Link to comment
  • 0
21 hours ago, Kai Pauli1709152916 said:

confirm that BCR in generell works with the components 7.15 CU3

 

HDXBrowser.exe comes up on the Endclient etc.

 

but how have to be the websites listet in the WebBrowserRedirectionAcl?

 

in one line, comma seperated like this:

 

https://www.example.com/*https://example.com/*

 

or from top to down like this

 

https://www.example.com/*

https://example.com/*

 

ive used the second one like in the docs described, but it looks that the second line will be ignored, because BCR works not with the second URL

 

 

 

can you attach a screenshot of the regkey WebBrowserRedirectionAcl?

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...