Welcome to our new Citrix community!

WEM Mapped Network Drives

Miya Gardiner1709158941

Question

I have set up actions to map department drives based on User group. The drive is set to use F. Initial tests have been successful. However this test has not: User logs on and their F drive (HR) is mapped by WEM. User manually disconnects WEM mapped F drive and creates a new mapped drive (User manual) to F. User logs off. When user logs back on, their manually mapped F drive nor the WEM mapped F drive is there. The WEM agent logs just gives a generic error messages. 

image.thumb.png.7c50380c53af8842ef2b856ddc315e21.png

Environment: 7.15 LTSR CU3, Server 2016 VDA. WEM 4.7. Citrix UPM via AD GPO. Only mapped drives in WEM. Enforce and Process Network drives are both checked.

7 answers to this question

James,

Yes, Windows can manually map the drive after WEM fails. Even if the user maps a drive to F and then refreshes the agent in the session, it still removes the user mapped F and does NOT map the WEM F drive. The box is also not checked to delete drives upon startup and I've verified that in the user agent wem log however it's still disconnecting existing drives for that letter.

image.thumb.png.10aa98719f31da8d2d722164aae6aca3.png

image.thumb.png.fa7ba0bb2a568ea4c3e49188d8f1554f.png

Can I piggy back on this and ask a similar question as it relates to assigning network drives. Is it not possible to assign two mapped drive paths using the same drive letter, even if the drives are filtered to two different AD groups? For example, I need to map a network drive for two different departments. The drive mappings are different for each department, but they use the same drive letter (L: in this case). I can assign one of them, filtered to the correct department, but it won't allow me to assign the other drive, filtered to the alternate department, but with the same drive letter assignment. I can understand the potential (though unlikely) conflict, but is there another way to accomplish this?

15 hours ago, Eric Hendricks said:

Can I piggy back on this and ask a similar question as it relates to assigning network drives. Is it not possible to assign two mapped drive paths using the same drive letter, even if the drives are filtered to two different AD groups? For example, I need to map a network drive for two different departments. The drive mappings are different for each department, but they use the same drive letter (L: in this case). I can assign one of them, filtered to the correct department, but it won't allow me to assign the other drive, filtered to the alternate department, but with the same drive letter assignment. I can understand the potential (though unlikely) conflict, but is there another way to accomplish this?

use direct assignments rather than filtering - way more efficient